Download the Chemistry Semester 2 exam 2022 questions and answers for the ICSE Board exam. Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Semester 2 exam. The Biology test was given on Friday 13.05.2022,
|Board Name||Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE)|
|Question Paper Type||Previous Year Question Paper 2022|
|Date of Exam||13.05.2022|
|Time allowed||90 Minutes|
Some Sample Questions from ICSE 2022 Chemistry Exam
CHEMISTRY 2022 SEMESTER-2
Maximum Marks: 40
Time allowed: One and a half hours
Answers to this Paper must he written on the paper provided separately.
You will not be allowed to write during the first 10 minutes.
This time is to be spent in reading the question paper.
The time given at the head of this Paper is the time allowed for writing the answers.
Attempt all questions from Section- A and any three questions from Section- B.
The marks intended for questions or part of questions are given in brackets [ ]
(Choose the correct answers to the questions from the given options. (Do not copy the question. Write the correct answer only.) [ 10]
(1) The ore of Aluminium is :
(a) Calamine (b) Haematite (c) Magnetite (d) Cryolite
Ans: (d) Cryolite
(2) Hydrogen chloride gas is not collected over water, as :
(a) It is highly soluble in water.
(b) It is less soluble in water.
(c) It is lighter than air.
(d) It is heavier than air.
Ans:(a) It is highly soluble in water.
(3) An aqueous solution of ammonia is :
(a) Neutral (b) Acidic
(c) Basic (d) Amphoteric
Ans: (c) Basic
(4) The acid which is least volatile is :
(a) Hydrochloric acid
(b) Nitric acid
(c) Dilute sulphuric acid
(d) Concentrated sulphuric acid
Ans:(d) Concentrated sulphuric acid
(5) The gas formed, when calcium bisulphite reacts with dilute
(a) Sulphur trioxide (b) Hydrogen (c) Sulphur dioxide ( d) Hydrogen sulphide
Ans:(c) Sulphur dioxide
(6) The IUPAC name of formic acid :
(a) Propanoic acid (b) Methanoic acid (c) Ethanoic acid (d) Butanoic acid
Ans:(b) Methanoic acid
(7) The metallic oxide which when reacts with HC1 forms salt and water :
(a) Carbon monoxide
(b) Nitrous oxide
(c) Ammonium hydroxide
(d) Sodium oxide
Ans:(d) Sodium oxide
(8) Vanadium pentoxide is used as a catalyst in the preparation of:
(a) Nitrogen gas
(b) Nitrogen dioxide gas
(c) Sulphur trioxide gas
(d) Carbon dioxide gas
Ans:(c) Sulphur trioxide gas
(9) The Catalyst used for the conversion of Ethene to Ethane:
(a) Iron (b) Nickel
(c) Cobalt (d) Molybdenum
(10) Substance which helps to lower the fusion point of the mixture in Hall Heroult Process :
(b) Concentrated sodium hydroxide
(d) Concentrated potassium hydroxide
Download Complete ICSE 2022 CHEMISTRY Question paper and solutions in PDF format from the link below
ICSE 2022 CHEMISTRY Solved Paper PDF
- ICSE Board Exam 2022- Question papers and answer keys
- ICSE Board Exam 2022 – History HCG1 Question Paper and Solutions
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-Geography Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-CHEMISTRY Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-Physics Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-BIOLOGY Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-MATHS Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-English Literature Question Paper and Key
- ICSE STD 10 Board Exam 2022-English Language Solved Question Paper
- ICSE Board Exam 2023 – Official Model Question Papers and Solutions
- ICSE 10th Question Papers 2020
Thanks a lot sir. Question paper pdf is very useful