Kerala SSLC & +2 March 2022 Exam Pattern, Focus Area Marking Distribution scheme

SSLC Focus area marks

How many marks questions will be asked from focus area? Can I score full A+ by studying only focus area ? You can find answers for all such questions related to Kerala SSLC exam 2022 from this page.

SCERT has selected certain chapters and topics from each subject as ‘focus area topics’ for Kerala SSLC Board Examination 2022. This selection has done considering the covid-19 restrictions and loss of offline classes in the beginning of the academic year 2021-22.

The new examination pattern based on focus area topics 2022

The following points to be noted considering the focus area portions 2022 based on the renewed guidelines.

  • 60% topics from each subject is selected as focus area topics.
  • Questions for 70% marks will be selected from the focus area, the rest 30% will be asked from the remaining lessons.
  • 50% additional questions to be included in the question paper to make enough choices. ie, for 60 mark examination, question of 120 marks will be asked, out of which questions of 84 marks will be selected from focus area.

SSLC Final Exam 2022- Changes from last year focus area pattern.

In the academic year 2020-21 also, Kerala Govt has conducted the SSLC examinations in focus area mode, but there are some major changes in the examination scheme this year. Last year pattern had so many defects because one can score full marks by studying only 40% of syllabus. The following table shows the major changes in the exam pattern for SSLC and Plus Two exam patterns in March 2022.

SSLC  Pattern 2022 MarchSSLC  Pattern 2021 March
60% of the total lessons are selected as focus area.Only 40% of lessons was marked as focus area.
In the examination, 70% of the questions will be  asked from the focus area…80% of the questions were from the focus area.
Only 50% extra questions will be asked.around 200% additional questions were asked.

Mark Distribution for SSLC March 2022 (80 Mark Examination)

Type of QuestionTotal available Questions from Focus AreaFocus area questions to be attendedTotal available Questions from Non-Focus AreaNon-Focus area questions to be attended
1 Mark Questions6444
2 Mark Questions5332
4 Mark Questions5321
6 Mark Questions4332
8 Mark Questions32
Total Marks84563624

Mark Distribution for SSLC March 2022 (40 Mark Examination)

Type of QuestionTotal available Questions from Focus AreaFocus area questions to be attendedTotal available Questions from Non-Focus AreaNon-Focus area questions to be attended
1 Mark Questions6433
2 Mark Questions1121
3 Mark Questions4311
4 Mark Questions3221
5 Mark Questions21
Total Marks42281812

Question Pattern for all subjects in detail

Download the following pdf file for the detailed question pattern for all subjects.

Related Posts

15 Comments

Leave a Reply