GATE

GATE 2018- Solved Question papers of all Subjects

All Subject Question papers and solutions of GATE 2018

GATE 2018 All subjects solved papers

Practicing with previous year question papers will help you to prepare and manage your examination in more effective ways, we are giving you the GATE 2018 Question papers and solutions in the links below to help you in your GATE preparations.

The GATE Exam

Qualifying in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a mandatory requirement for seeking admission
assistance to:

(i) Master’s programs and direct Doctoral programs in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and
(ii) Doctoral programs in relevant branches of Science, in the institutions supported by the MHRD and other  Government agencies.

GATE 2018 was organised by IIT Guwahati on 3rd,  4th, 10th & 11th of February 2018.

GATE 2018 Question Paper Pattern

GATE 2018 would contain questions of two different types in all the papers:

(i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections.  These questions are objective in nature, and each will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to select (mark) the correct answer.

Negative Marking for Wrong Answers: For a wrong answer chosen in a MCQ, there will be  negative marking. For 1-mark MCQ, 1/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer. Likewise, for 2-mark MCQ, 2/3 mark will be deducted for a wrong answer.

(ii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions carrying 1 or 2 marks each in all the papers and sections. For these questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered by the candidate using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor (keyboard of the computer will be disabled). No choices will be shown for these type of questions. The answer can be a number such as 10 or -10 (an integer only). The answer may be in decimals as well, for example, 10.1 (one decimal) or 10.01 (two decimals) or -10.001 (three decimals). These questions will be mentioned with, up to which decimal places, the candidates need to make an answer. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors. Wherever required and possible, it is better to give NAT answer up to a maximum of three decimal places.

There is NO negative marking for a wrong answer in NAT questions.

GATE 2018- Marking  Scheme

In all the papers, there will be a total of 65 questions carrying 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be on General Aptitude (GA), which is intended to test the Language and Analytical Skills.
In the papers bearing the codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PE, PI, TF and XE, the Engineering Mathematics will carry around 15% of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 70% of the total marks is devoted to the subject of the paper.
In the papers bearing the codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL, the General Aptitude section will carry 15% of the total marks and the remaining 85% of the total marks is devoted to  the subject of the paper.

GATE 2018 Previous Year Question Papers and Solutions

Sl No Subject  Solved Paper Download Link
1  Geology and Geophysics (GG)

 

  Download 
2  Architecture and Planning (AR)

 

Download 
3  Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC)

 

Download 
4  Computer Science and Information Technology

 

Download 
5  Petroleum Engineering (PE)

 

Download 
6  Mechanical Engineering (ME)

 

Download 
7  Metallurgical Engineering (MT)

 

Download 
8  Physics (PH)

 

Download 
9  Life Sciences (XL)

 

Download 
10  Biotechnology (BT)

 

Download 
11  Aerospace Engineering (AE)

 

Download 
12  CE Civil

 

Download 
13  Instrumentation Engineering (IN)

 

Download 
14  Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)

 

Download 
15  Electrical Engineering (EE)

 

Download 
16

 

 Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF)

 

Download 
17  Agricultural Engineering (AG)

 

Download 
18  Chemistry (CY)

 

Download 
19  Engineering Sciences (XE)

 

Download
20  Mining Engineering (MN)

 

Download 

3 Comments

Leave a Reply