Directorate of Technical Education, Kerala has started the application procedure for the Six Semester Diploma Programmes conducted by various Polytechnic Colleges under the Department of Technical Education and IHRD within the state of Kerala for the academic year 2021-22. Detailed instructions about the admission process is given below.
Important Points to remember in Single Window Admission to Polytechnic Colleges 2021-22
- The submission of applications will be online through the website https://polyadmission.org/
- There will be no entrance examination, the selection will be based on the index marks of the candidates calculated based on the SSLC/ THSLC marks and applicable reservations.
- Last date for application is 10th August 2021.
- Application fee can be paid online (General Category Rs. 150/- and SC/ ST category Rs.75/-.
- No need to submit any physical documents in the application process.
- Candidates can verify the status of their applications on the website.
- The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS)
|1||Online Submission of Application begins||28.07.2021|
|2||Online Submission of Application ends||10.08.2021|
|3||Publication of Provisional Rank list and Trial Allotment||14.08.2021|
|4||Last date for online correction of Applications||18.08.2021|
|5||Publication of Final Rank List and First Allotment I||25.08.2021|
|6||Last Date of Reporting/Joining based on allotment list||31.08.2021|
|8||Last date of reporting/ joining based on 2nd allotment||08.09.2021|
|I 9||Third allotment||11.09.2021|
|10||Commencement of First semester class & Induction Programme||15.09.2021|
|11||Last date of reporting/ joining based on 3rd allotment||16.09.2021|
|12||First Spot Admission (District wise at Nodal Polytechnic Colleges)||22.09.2021 to 25.09.2021|
|13||Second Spot admission (if any)||28.09.2021 to 29.09.2021|
PROGRAMMES, INSTITUTIONS &SEATS
There will be two streams of diploma programmes.
Stream 1: Diploma in Engineering & Technology.
Stream 2: Diploma in Commercial Practice and Diploma in Computer Application & Business Management.
The list of Polytechnic Colleges and the various programmes / branches offered during the academic year 2021-22 is available here
The online application process through https://polyadmission.org/ is applicable to Merit seats available in all the Government / Aided Polytechnic Colleges/ Government Controlled Self financing Polytechnic Colleges(IHRD) /Private Self financing Polytechnic Colleges.
Eligibility for Admission
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- The candidate should be a native of Kerala or have undergone the qualifying examination from an institution in Kerala State or his/her parent should be a permanent employee in Central/State/Quasi Government/Public Sector undertaking in Kerala State.
- The candidate should have passed SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination, with eligibility for higher studies.
- Candidate who has taken more than two chances to secure eligibility for higher studies in SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examinations is not eligible for admission. Appearances for “Betterment” or “SAY” examination will not be considered as a chance.
- For CBSE/ICSE/Open school candidates the Marks/Grades obtained in Science is considered for calculating grade in the place of Physics and Chemistry. As per Circular No. Acad 03/2019 dated 10th January 2019, CBSE school candidates who have passed qualifying examination with MathematicsStandard are only eligible to apply for stream I and stream II.
Prospectus & Application Fee
The prospectus is available here for download
The application fee shall be Rs. 150/-. (For scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates, it shall be Rs. 75/-).The application fee shall be remitted online while submitting the application.
Reservation of Seats
Reservation of seats are available for the following catagories of candidates provided they possess the requisite educational qualifications.
- Differently abled (Persons with Disabilities):
- THSLC holders:
- VHSE Candidates
- Nominees from Union Territory of Andaman &Nicobar Islands [AN]
- Nominees from Lakshadweep
- Children of Ex-Servicemen
- Dependent of Defence personnel Killed/ Missing/ Disabled in action
- Children of Serving Defence Personnel
- Children of CRPF Personnel
- Anglo Indian Community
- Certificate holders in Textile Technology
- Transgender candidates
- Nominees of Motor Vehicle Department
- Sports Quota
- NCC Quota
- Orphan Quota
- Economically Weaker Sections in general category (EWS)
50% of the seats will be filled up purely on merit irrespective of the category/community to which the candidate belongs.
- Candidates have to submit the applications as detailed in the prospectus.
- The rank list will be prepared based on the index mark and the allotment list will be prepared on the basis of the index mark, option exercised and applicable reservation, if any.
- For candidates who have secured eligibility for higher studies in the second chance, a penal point of 0.5 will be deducted for index score calculation.
- Prescribed uniform is compulsory on all days for students of Polytechnic Colleges
Submission of Applications
Application for admission shall be submitted online through the website “www.polyadmission.org”.
Online Help Desks are set up at all Polytechnic Colleges. Trained staff members are deputed at the Help Desk to assist the candidates in filling the application form
- Fill up the applications online at the website link “ONLINE SUBMISSION”.
- Remit the application fee online.
- You will receive SMS on your registered mobile on the successful submission of your application. Candidates can take print out of the application at any time.
- For assistance, kindly call the online Help Desk set up at any Polytechnic College (No need to submit the hard copy of the application).
Centralised Allotment Process (CAP)
- The Centralised Allotment Process will be done through the Single Window System (SWS) of allotment to give allotment to various programmes and Polytechnic Colleges, based on the options/re-options exercised by the candidates. Candidates can exercise options to a maximum number of 30 of his/her choice (programme and institution combination)
- There will be three allotments. The allotment list will be published in the website www.polyadmission.org. Separate Memo will not be sent to the selected candidates.
Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission
Candidates need to produce the following documents/ certificates in original at the time of admission. Candidates WILL NOT be given any chance to produce the original documents/certificates after the date of admission. Certificates issued by the competent authorities of Kerala State or as notified by the Government from time to time will only be considered.
- ADHAAR Card
- Proof of date of birth (Original certificate of SSLC/THSLC or equivalent examination.)
- Proof of educational qualification (Original mark list of qualifying examination SSLC/ THSLC or equivalent with a Photocopy of it.)
- To claim reservation for VHSE (Original VHSE Certificate)
- To claim bonus point in case of candidate belonging to aspirational district, If any
- Certificates to avail community reservation as SC/ ST/ SEBC/ Intercaste Marriage etc, if applicable.
- Certificates to avail special reservation under clause 5, if applicable
- Certificates to avail reservation Under “Person with Disabilities”, if applicable\
- Certificates to avail reservation under EWS.
Tution fee for the various programmes in Polytechnic Colleges will be as follows.
- Government/ Aided- Rs. 830/ Year
- Self Financing/ IHRD- 18000/ Year
- Govt. Quota seats in Self Financing Colleges- Rs.22500 / Year
- Management Quota seats in Self Financing Colleges- Rs.37500 / Year
Important Links to download supporting documents of Single Window Admission to Polytechnic Colleges 2021-22
- Prospectus – English
- List of Polytechnic Colleges, Programmes & Institution Codes (Annexure – I)
- Programmes and Codes (Annexure – II)
- Community & Codes (Annexure – III)
- VHSE Courses Considered for Reservation under VHSE quota (Annexure – IV)
- Special Reservation & Codes (Annexure – V)
- List of SC/ST/OEC & SEBC Community (Annexure – VI)
- Form of Certificate of School Studies (Annexure – VII)
- Form of Certificate for claiming special reservation under quota for XS/DK (Annexure – VIII)
- Form of Certificate for claiming reservation under Quota for SD (Annexure – IX)
- Form of Certificate for claiming reservation under Quota for CP (Annexure – X)
- Form of Certificate for claiming reservation under Orphan (OR) quota (Annexure – XI)
- Undertaking from the Students as per the provisions of Anti Ragging Verdict (Annexure – XII)
- Form of Authorisation letter (Annexure – XIII)
- Form of undertaking for CBSE candidates (Annexure XIV)
- General guidelines for spot admission (Annexure – XV)
- Income and Asset Certificate to be produced by EWS (Annexure XVI)
- Certificate of Fitness (Annexure – XVII)
- Eligibility conditions for Admissions under special schemes (Annexure XVIII)