GATE- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering examination will be conducted for all subjects including AR- Architecture and Planning in February 2018 (Feb 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th). This years GATE examination is conducted by IIT Guwahati. You can download GATE AR Previous year question papers with Answer key from this page.
GATE 2018 Exam Pattern for AR- Architecture and Planning
While preparing for the GATE AR examination the following points are relevant in the examination pattern
- GATE AR exam is conducted in online mode
- The total number of questions in the exam will be 65 and the total marks will be 100.
- The General Aptitude section will carry 15 marks and the rest 85 marks will be asked from the AR subject related portions
- There will be two types of questions in the paper MCQ type and Numerical Answer type.
- Regarding negative marking 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
GATE 2018 AR Syllabus
The Main topics covered under GATE AR Syllabus are
- City planning
- Landscape Design
- Computer Aided Design
- Environmental Studies in Building Science
- Visual and Urban Design
- History of Architecture
- Development of Contemporary Architecture
- Building Services
- Building Construction and Management
- Materials and Structural Systems
- Planning Theory
- Techniques of Planning
- Traffic and Transportation Planning
- Infrastructure, Services and Amenities
- Development Administration and Management
If you want to get the complete syllabus covering all topics in detail, download GATE AR Architecture and Planning Syllabus
GATE AR Previous year question papers
We collected last 10 years GATE AR Question papers to help you in the preparations, practicing with these papers will help you to get an idea about the expected pattern and difficulty of questions. It will also help you to find out the important topics, so you can devote more time to the important portions. Regular practice with these previous papers will help you to master time management techniques, which is very essential for the success in the exam. Download last 10 years question papers, keys/ solutions from the links given below.