Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Post Doctoral Research are offered for Indian faculty and researchers who are in the early stages of their research careers in India. Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships will provide opportunities to talented faculty and researchers to strengthen their research capacities. Postdoctoral fellows will have access to some of the finest resources in their areas of interest and will help build long-term collaborative relationships with U.S. faculty and institutions. These fellowships are for eight to twelve months.
The selected candidate will have affiliation with one U.S. host institution during the grant. USIEF strongly recommends all applicants to identify institutions for affiliation and correspond in advance with potential host institutions. If you have a letter of invitation from a U.S. institution, please include it as a part of your online application. The letter of invitation should indicate the duration of your visit, preferably with dates.
Grant Benefits for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Post Doctoral Research
These fellowships provide round-trip economy class air travel between India and the U.S., a monthly stipend, Accident and Sickness Program for Exchanges per U.S. Government guidelines, a modest settling-in allowance, and a professional allowance.
In case of postdoctoral research grantees, and subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80% of the grant period. In case of postdoctoral research grantees, and subject to availability of funds, a dependent allowance and international travel may be provided for one accompanying eligible dependent provided the dependent is with the grantee in the U.S. for at least 80% of the grant period.
Eligibility for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Post Doctoral Research
- must be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
- must be residing in India at the time of application. No application will be accepted from Indians residing, working or studying outside of India;
- should have a high level of academic/professional achievement;
- must demonstrate proficiency in the English language to undertake the proposed project/program and adjust to life in the U.S. The applicant may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL);
- if shortlisted for an interview, must appear in person for interview at the USIEF office in New Delhi;
- must inform USIEF well in advance if s/he needs to travel abroad (e.g. conference) during the application cycle July – June;
- must be eligible for leave, if employed;
- must be in good health;
- must not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States; and
- must give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship
In addition for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research
- Applicants should have been awarded a Ph.D. degree within the past four years. Applicants must have obtained a Ph.D. degree between July 15, 2013 and July 16, 2017. Applicants are required to upload their Ph.D. degree certificate or provisional Ph.D. certificate in the online application;
- Applicants must be published in reputed journals and demonstrate evidence of superior academic and professional achievement. Applicants should upload a recent significant publication (copy of paper or article) in the online application; and
- If employed, applicants should follow the instructions carefully regarding employer’s endorsement. If applicable, please obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the “Employer’s Endorsement Form.” The employer must indicate that leave will be granted for the fellowship period. Applicants can download the “Employer’s Endorsement Form” from the USIEF website.
Apply online for Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Post Doctoral Research
Application deadline: Mid August
For details visit Fulbright-Kalam Climate Fellowships for Post Doctoral Research website