The Christian Medical College of the Ludhiana Society was established in 1894 by Christian Churches and Christian agencies in India. This educational institution started the course of MBBS in 1953 and is affiliated to the Panjab University, Chandigarh. It has been consistently ranked among the top medical colleges in India.
Christian Medical College Entrance Exam (CMC) is an examination jointly conducted by the CMC Vellore Association and CMC, Ludhiana Society for the admission to Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore and Ludhiana respectively. This test is also termed as Under Graduate Admission Written Test (UGAWT). The CMC Entrance Examination serves as a qualifying examination for admission to undergraduate medical courses such as MBBS, BDS and B.Sc. Nursing in CMC Ludhiana.
Till the year 2016, CMC organized a series of entrance tests for admissions to different courses. But from the year 2016, the admission to MBBS course is being done only on the basis of NEET Score followed by an aptitude test set by CMC.
Eligibility for UG Medical Programs:
- The candidate should be an Indian citizen. (For NRI Candidates, another prospectus is available).
- The candidates appearing for the CMC Entrance exam must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in their Higher Secondary Examination.
- The candidates seeking admission must have completed 17 years of age on or before December 31 of the academic year.
For further information : www.cmcludhiana.org
CMC Exam details and Pattern of Question Paper:
CMC entrance examination is an online test of a duration of 3 hours and 10 minutes and it includes multiple-choice questions in English language. The exam paper will cover questions from Biology, Physics, Chemistry, General Ability and Current Affairs.
The CMC Ludhiana common entrance test is a combination of 10+2 level boards acknowledged by the TN Dr MGR University. The exam is mainly designed to measure the understanding and knowledge of the student about the subject. It also measures the analytical ability, problem solving and reasoning of the applicant.
Based on the performance in the written test, the candidates will be called for a practical test, face to face interviews and final selections.
There is no Negative Marking in this examination.
Syllabus of CMC Ludhiana UG Medical Entrance
- Alternating Current
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Induction
- EM Waves
- Heating and Chemical Effects of Current
- Magnetic effect of Current and Magnetism
- Modern Physics: (Atomic Models)
- Physics of Nucleus
- Ray Optics
- Solids and Semiconductor Devices
- Wave Optics
- Alcohol Phenol Ether
- Aldehyde Ketone
- Alkanes, Alkenes and Alkynes
- Amines and Diazonium Salts (Comp. containing Nitrogen)
- Carboxylic Acid and its Derivatives
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- Principles and Processes of Extraction (Metallurgy)
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Animal Reproduction and Dev
- Application of Biotechnology
- Biomedical Technologies
- Biotechnology Principles and Processes
- Environmental Issues
- Food Production-Animal Husbandry and Plant Breeding
- Genetics-Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Human Health Diseases
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Origin of Life
- Reproduction in Higher Plants
- Analogy (Verbal)
- Awards and Recognitions
- Blood Relations
- Calendar, Time and Clock
- Coding Decoding
- Logical Deductions
- Mathematical Operations
- Number and Ranking
- Venn Diagrams
CMC Ludhiana UG Medical Entrance Previous Papers and Keys
Reference to these previous years question papers are also beneficial to the candidates preparing for the CMC entrance examination for courses like B.Sc. (Nursing), Allied Health Sciences (AHS), Diploma Nursing, AHS Diploma etc.
|Sl. No||Year of CMC Entrance Exam||Download Link|