Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani, invites applications for admission to PhD Programmes (Second Semester 2017-2018) at Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses in the following disciplines:
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Economics and Finance
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences.
Interdisciplinary areas such as Biotechnology, Energy, Environment, Robotics, Nano-science & Nanotechnology and Water Management.
BITS Ph.D Programme Eligibility
- ME/MPharm/MBA/MPhil from an Institute of repute or its equivalent with a minimum of 60% in aggregate.
- Candidates with an MSc./BE/BPharm or an equivalent degree with a minimum of 60% in aggregate may also be considered for PhD admission.
- For PhD Programme in Humanities and Social Sciences, candidates with an MA and with a minimum of 55% aggregate may also be considered.
- Full time students: Candidates are required to devote full time towards PhD.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to come to Pilani/Goa/Hyderabad campuses for test and/or interview. CSIR/UGC-NET qualified candidates will be exempted from written test.
- Part time students: Candidates working in organizations situated in close vicinity of campuses of BITS Pilani will be admitted under this scheme.
Those admitted to full time PhD programme will be considered for Research / Project Assistantships up to 225,000 per month. Selected candidates will be required to participate in teaching and other academic programmes of the institute under the guidance of a mentor.
Application Procedure: Interested and eligible candidates should apply through the prescribed application form available online at www.bitsadmission.com and send print out of the filled application form along with the prescribed fee of Rs.2200/-, to Dean Admissions, BITS Pilani, Pilani 333031, so as to reach at or before
5.00 pm, December 14, 2017.