J. N. Tata Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship only at the beginning of the course to Indian nationals for full time Postgraduate/Ph.D./Postdoctoral studies abroad, in all fields, irrespective of caste, creed, gender or community
- The amount to be awarded to each scholar by way of the loan scholarship is determined on the basis of the norms laid down for the purpose, and does not cover the full cost of studies.
- The amount awarded as the loan scholarship ranges between Rs.1,00,000/- and Rs.10,00,000/-.
- All selected applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount.
- The selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship and travel assistance from allied Trusts as may be decided at the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can be for a maximum amount of Rs.7,50,000/- and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs.50,000/-.
Eligibility for Tata Endowment Scholarship
- Applicants should be Indian nationals who are graduates of a recognised Indian University, with a consistently good academic record and other achievements to their credit
- Students in the final year of the degree course and those awaiting results are eligible to apply.
- Mid-career professionals up to the age of 45, with a good academic record and experience in their fields for further research, specialisation or training may also apply.
- Candidates need not have the admission/offer letters from the Universities to which they have applied for the academic year 2018-2019 at the time of making the application. Candidates may, therefore, update their application form once they secure admission and submit it again, using the same Login ID.
- Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for a J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
How to apply for Tata Endowment Scholarship
Candidates have to register for the J N Tata Endowment loan scholarship for the year 2018-2019 by using their email ID here
Candidates should upload the following only in a pdf format:
- A statement of purpose(not more than 800 words).
- A scanned copy of a recommendation letter specifically addressed to the Trustees of the J. N. Tata Endowment on the respective letterhead with full address, telephone and mobile numbers OR from the official email address of:
- a Professor of the College or University OR
- the Employer, in case the applicant is / was working.
- If candidates are unable to furnish the recommendation letter along with the application form, they are required to upload a document mentioning recommender?s Full Name, Designation, Name of the Organisation and Official Email id.
Application Deadline: 12-03-2018
For details visit here