- Eligibility Criteria
- Important Dates
- Getting ready- The Pre-requisites
- Online Application Procedure
- Fee Payment Instructions
- Scanning Instructions
- How to upload Photo and Documents
Reserve Bank of India has released the recruitment notification for the post of RBI Grade B officer (DR- Direct Recruitment) for the 2018 session. This time about 127 vacancies are notified for the Grade B Officer (General) post.
Eligibility Criteria for Grade B Officer
Indian Citizens who attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st of July, 2018 secured a minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PwBD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th Standard examinations can apply for the post
Schedule of application for Grade B posts
|Commencement of on-line registration of application||03/07/2018|
|Closure of registration of application||23/07/2018|
|Closure for editing application details||23/07/2018|
|Last date for printing your application||07/08/2018|
|Online Fee Payment||03/07/2018 to 23/07/2018|
HOW TO APPLY ONLINE FOR RBI GRADE B OFFICER
Candidates have to apply only online through the Bank’s website i.e. www.rbi.org.in from July 3 – July 23, 2018. No other means/mode of applications will be accepted.
Candidates desirous of applying for posts in both Gr. B (DR)-General and Gr B (DR) DEPR / DSIM (as the case may be) are required to apply using links for both the positions separately and pay the fees for both.
Pre-requisites for RBI Grade B Online Application
Before applying online, candidates should—
- scan their :
- photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- left thumb impression
- a hand written declaration (text given below)
ensuring that the all these scanned documents adhere to the required specifications as given below to this Advertisement.
- Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be
- The left thumb impression should be properly scanned and not smudged. (If a candidate is not having left thumb, he/she may use his/ her right thumb for )
- The text for the hand written declaration is as follows –
“I, _ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- The above mentioned hand written declaration has to be in the candidate’s hand writing and in English only. If it is written and uploaded by anybody else or in any other language, the application will be considered as invalid. (In the case of Visually Impaired candidates who cannot write may get the text of declaration typed and put their left hand thumb impression below the typed declaration and upload the document as per )
- Keep the necessary details/documents ready to make Online Payment of the requisite application fee/ intimation charges
- Have a valid personal email ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this Recruitment Process. Bank may send intimation to download call letters for the Examination etc. through the registered e-mail ID. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he/she should create his/her new e-mail ID and mobile no. before applying on-line and must maintain that email account and mobile
- The board does not send any communication by any other mode than E-mail/SMS. No change in E- mail ID will be entertained during the entire process
GRADE B OFFICER Procedure for applying online:
- Candidates satisfying the conditions of eligibility as on July 1, 2018 are first required to visit the URL “Recruitment for the post of “Officers in ’B’ (DR) General/DEPR/DSIM” on RBI Grade B Candidate Registration Page
- Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph, signature, left thumb impression and a hand written declaration in the online application form as per the specifications
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission.
- Candidates are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT
- The Name of the candidate or his /her Father/ Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the Photo identity proof / Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Validate your details and Save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’
- Candidates can proceed to upload Photo, Signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration as per the specifications given in the Guidelines for Scanning and Upload of Documents detailed as
- Candidates can proceed to fill other details of the Application
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ ONLY after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Candidates shall be solely responsible for filling up the online applications correctly. In case of invalid applications due to errors committed by the applicant no claims for refund of application fees/intimation charges so collected shall be entertained by the
- To avoid last minute rush, candidates are advised to pay the application fees/ intimation charges and register online at the
- Board does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last day on account of aforesaid reasons or any other.
Mode of Payment of Application fee and intimation charges:
Candidates have to make the payment of requisite fee/intimation charges through the online mode only:
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of
- Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online Application Form. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees upto July 23,
How to scan and upload the photograph and signature:
Before applying online a candidate will be required to have a scanned (digital) image of his/her photograph and signature as per the specifications given below.
Photograph Image: (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-coloured, preferably white,
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- aIf the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your
- Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 20kb–50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50kb. If the size of the file is more than 50 kb, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
Signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration Image:
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink
- The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other
- The signature will be used to put on the Call Letter and wherever
- If the Applicant’s signature on the attendance sheet or Call letter, signed at the time of the examination, does not match the signature uploaded, the applicant will be
- Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred)
- Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb for signature and left thumb
- For hand written declaration size of file should be 20kb – 50 kb
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb or 50 kb (for hand written declaration)
- Signature / Hand written declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted
Scanning the documents:
- Set the scanner resolution to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch)
- Set Color to True Color
- File Size as specified above
- Crop the image in the scanner to the edge of the photograph/signature/ left thumb impression / hand written declaration, then use the upload editor to crop the image to the final size (as specified above).
- The image file should be JPG or JPEG format. An example file name is: image01.jpg or image01.jpeg Image dimensions can be checked by listing the folder files or moving the mouse over the file image
- Candidates using MS Windows/MSOffice can easily obtain documents in .jpeg format not exceeding 50kb (photograph and hand written declaration) & 20kb (signature and left thumb impression) by using MS Paint or MSOffice Picture Manager. Scanned documents in any format can be saved in .jpg format by using ‘Save As’ option in the File menu and size can be reduced below 50 kb (photograph and hand written declaration) & 20 kb (signature and left thumb impression) by using crop and then resize option (Please see point (i) & (ii) above for the pixel size) in the ‘Image’ menu. Similar options are available in other photo editor
- If the file size and format are not as prescribed, an error message will be
- While filling in the Online Application Form the candidate will be provided with a link to upload his/her photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand written
Procedure for Uploading the documents
- There will be separate links for uploading Photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration
- Click on the respective link “Upload Photograph / signature / left thumb impression / hand written declaration”
- Browse and Select the location where the Scanned Photograph / signature / left thumb impression / hand written declaration file has been
- Select the file by clicking on it
- Click the ‘Open/Upload’ button
Your Online Application will not be registered unless you upload your Photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand written declaration as specified.
- In case the face in the photograph or signature or left thumb impression or the hand written declaration is unclear/ smudged the candidate’s application may be rejected.
- After uploading the Photograph / signature / left thumb impression / hand written declaration in the online application form candidates should check that the images are clear and have been uploaded correctly. In case the photograph or signature or left thumb impression or the hand written declaration is not prominently visible, the candidate may edit his/ her application and re-upload his/ her photograph or signature, prior to submitting the form.
- After registering online candidates are advised to take a printout of their system generated online application forms.
NOTE: Please note that Corrigendum, if any, issued on the above advertisement, will be published only on the Bank’s website www.rbi.org.in