National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) invites applications for Phd admissions 2018 session.NIFT offers PhD in the areas of design, management and technology as applied with broad reference to textiles, fashion, lifestyle and apparel sectors of the industry.
Eligibility for NIFT Phd
- Post Graduation Degree in the relevant area of Design, Management or Technology (or) equivalent qualification from an institute/ university of national/ international repute with minimum 7 years of education after secondary (Class X) last of which was the Master’s degree.
- Candidates with Master’s Diploma are not eligible. Necessary equivalence or conversion document from Diploma to Degree, if applicable should be submitted for consideration of shortlisting.
- Where the Master’s Degree is found to be not relevant to the area of Research, a minimum 10 years of professional experience (teaching / working) in the proposed area of research is required.
- A minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0 on a 10 point scale (5.5 for SC/ST candidates) or equivalent as determined by the institute wherever letter grades are awarded; or 55% (50% for SC/ ST candidates) marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are awarded in the Post- Graduation degree.
- The area of research of the applicant has to be relevant to the field of Fashion in terms of Design, Technology and Management.
- Candidates who are employed besides fulfilling the above eligibility criteria are required to submit “No Objection” certificate from their current employer including NIFT.
Selection for NIFT Phd
On the basis of the Research Proposal and the Form submitted, the candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a presentation and personal interview. Based on the presentation and personal interview, the final selection of the candidates for the preliminary registration for PhD will be done.
Application deadline: 20.04.2018.
For details visit here