What should I do to overcome the distance education barrier in my career?
Hi Guys,
I am Rahul, 26 years old. I have completed my BCA in 2011 and MCA in 2013 both through distance education. Due to some personal problems and financials issue i picked up a job and worked as System Administrator from year 2010 -2015. So once financial stability of the family was restored I started perusing my field of interest that is Information Security and in year 2016 I did earned CEH , CHFI and have done Diploma in Cyber Law from ILI, New Delhi.

I have applied in 5-6 companies like wipro, TCS and other from naukri and other job portal and have faced cleared the technical rounds and I was quite appreciated for my skill and passion. But the problem I face at last is that Distance Education. Few companies said they only hire employee who holds minimum 15 year of regular degree. I have even tried to convince them but to no avail.

What hurts the most is that after clearing the technical round and hearing them appreciating you and only rejected due to the distance degree has really put me in a very depressing state. I only did it from distance because its legal and as per GOI and UGC these hold equal value.

But what I seek here is yours opinion and advice about what I do in future so that I could get a good opportunity with reputed organization or is it the end of my career.
Shall I do BCA or MCA through regular degree? Please give advice that I could help me to overcome the current situation. I appreciate you for your valuable time already.

Thanks & Regards,
Rahul

Hi I can feel your pain,yes there are some companies which require a regular degree to offer a job, its a sad thing that you are informed rejected after completing technical round.
most important point is not every company looks for regular degree, so i suggest you to try for more other companies and you can also take the help of various job portals.

coming to doing regular degree, yes you can do but its again spending time for 2 to 3 years,as you said that your financially strong, so that you can opt for regular degree,else try with distance degree.

All the best, wish you good luck.

Hello Rahul, 
You can try to apply for any government exams like IT officer in banks, or other similar jobs. 
Another option is that there are some exams which after qualifying will make you eligible to apply in PSUs and other companies.
You can try for the NET exam. It is a national level exam which is conducted for the assistant professor and junior research fellowship from the national institutes and universities. 
The eligibility for the NET exam is post graduation degree with minimum 55% marks from recognized universities. 
The age limit is 30 years for JRF while no age limit for the assistant professor posts. 
know more about the exam from official website if you are interested. 
All the best for the future ahead.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  B.Ed in Urdu through distance education umma 2 14,210 11-21-2018, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Ali Akhoo N
  Distance education is good or not? austinlerwick123 37 26,798 02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Teachwell785
  distance education nivethitha098@gmail.com 11 9,989 12-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: riyageorge
  PG Diploma in Geriatric Medicine through Distance Education Sri Venkateswara College 4 9,577 04-18-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Uznu13
  B.tech distance education Sahuiikm 3 5,890 03-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: abaper.learner
  B Tech from distance education manojbtnl 12 77,599 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sysadminiikm
  DIPLOMA IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION Senk 0 5,915 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Senk
  MCA Distance Education College in Tamil Nadu sskcolleges 2 4,994 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Last Post: rahul_rathore
  To do PG diploma after distance education Madhav M 1 3,863 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: rms
  Any University Givining UGC approved B.Tech / BE in Distance Education ? mohini_varma 14 120,281 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Last Post: DEEPAK UPADHYAY