Aims of ILO
What are the aims of International Labour Organisation (ILO)?

(i) to remove injustice, hardship and deprivation of large masses of toiling people all over the world; and
(ii) to improve their living and working conditions and thus establish universal and lasting peace based upon social justice.
I.L.O. is a tripartite organisation consisting of representative of Government, employers and workers of the member countries. There is parity of representation as between Government and non-Government welding together employers and workers in different countries into independent organisations. By its tripartite character of association of representatives of Government, employers and workers, it has produced a large number of international Conventions and Recommendations covering unemployment, general conditions of employment, wages, hours of work, weekly rest periods, holidays, employment, of children, young persons and women, industrial health, safety, social security, industrial relations and many other allied subjects.
The basic principles of th6 Labour Policy of I.L.O. are as follows:
(a) Labour is not a commodity.
(b) Freedom of expression and of association are essential to continued progress.
© Poverty anywhere constitutes a danger to prosperity everywhere.
(d) War against want requires to be carried on with unending vigour within each nation and by continuous efforts in which the representatives of workers and employers enjoying equal status with those of Government join with them in free discussions and democratic decisions with a view to the promotion of common welfare.
I.L.O. aims at securing minimum standards on a uniform basis in respect of all labour matters. Conventions passed by I.L.O. conferences. If and when ratified by a member-State, have to be implemented through appropriare legislation. Most of the Labour Legislation in India is based on this principle.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  hat are the aims or objectives of Labour Welfare? rms 1 5,645 02-06-2014, 10:23 AM
Last Post: nbm
  What are the aims of Personnel policy? laji 1 8,071 09-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: nbm