SBI PO Exam – Syllabus, Pattern and Question Papers

IMPORTANT!!!

A New Article about SBI PO New Exam Pattern, Phase I and Phase II Exam Syllabus and Updated Question Papers for Preliminary and Main Examinations is available here

SBI PO exam 2014
Probationary officer  recruitment in SBI-
A preparation Guide

State Bank of India announced the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers for the year 2014. This time SBI is recruiting probationary officers for 1837 posts. The last date of application is 28th April, and the examination will be held in the month of June 2014.

For more details about SBI PO eligibility, application procedure and other details visit the SBI PO recruitment notification 2014

Syllabus and Question Pattern of SBI PO exam 2014

There are 2 papers  in SBI PO examination The first one is Objective paper and the second one is Descriptive.

SBI PO Objective paper (Paper I) syllabus and pattern:
Total marks: 200
Time allotted: 2 hours

Syllabus of Objective Paper (Paper I of SBI PO exam):

The 200 questions are asked from the following areas:

1. English Language
2. Data Interpretation
3. Reasoning
4. The rest of the questions will be from General Awareness, Computer Awareness and Marketing awareness

English Language syllabus: A total of 50 questions are expected, Important areas are Reading comprehension,  Vocabulary, Grammar Corrections, Identification of Errors in sentence constructions, Jumbled sentences etc. Expect High standard questions in Comprehension, rest of the questions will be in moderate difficulty.

Reasoning syllabus: 50 questions will be there in this section also. Expect the difficulty level to be on the higher side for this section. The important areas are Logical Reasoning, Arithmetical reasoning, Analytical reasoning, Series completion, finding missing figures, Completing number and alphabetical series,   Analogies / decision making, Puzzle / Seating Arrangement

Data Analysis and Interpretation syllabus: 50 questions in this section will be in easy to moderate difficulty level. The following sections are considered important: Data Interpretation and manipulation questions from Charts, Graphs and Diagrams including Line charts, pie charts, bar charts and tabular data. Application level questions from probability and statistics, The data manipulation of these questions will contain  of time and distance calculations, BODMAS rule, Calculation of speed and distance, calculation of area, volume, perimeter and application of formulas in algebra, geometry, functions etc.

Syllabus of General Awareness: In this section 10 questions each are expected from Marketing and computer awareness sections and 15 questions each are expected from Banking awareness and current affairs sections.

Negative Marking of SBI PO Paper I
For each incorrect answer a quarter (1/4th ) of marks are reduced

SBI PO Descriptive Paper (Paper II) Syllabus
In this section, expect questions relating to Letter writing (Usually official letters in connection with the normal functioning of a bank branch), Essay and Paragraph writing (Usually related to bank functioning and economy), Precis writing and Reading comprehension.

This paper will have 50 marks and the duration will be 1 hour.
Descriptive Test detailed pattern can be found here

SBI Specialist Officers exam previous year question papers:

To get an idea about the pattern and difficulty of the question papers practicing with the previous year question papers of SBI PO examination is a good idea. In the following links you can get the previous year question papers of SBI PO examination

SBI PO exam 2013 question paper

SBI PO exam 2011, 2010, 2008 and 2003 question papers

SBI PO previous year papers – Last 10 years

SBI PO Examination Model Question Papers.

Most of the Probationary Officers examination question papers are somewhat similar in syllabus and pattern to SBI PO examination. It makes an excellent opportunity to work with the previous year and model / sample question papers of other Bank PO examinations while preparing for SBI PO exam preparation.

SBI PO exam- 100 solved model question papers

Reasoning Ability model questions for SBI PO examination

Reasoning Ability Practice paper set 2 for SBI PO exam

SBI PO exam Reasoning model paper links

SBI PO Data Interpretation and Quantitative Aptitude model paper links

SBI PO Practice question papers for Quantitative Aptitude and DI

SBI PO exam Mock paper – English Language

English Language Model paper from previous year SBI PO question papers

SBI PO English Language Mock test paper

A compilation of English Language and Comprehension model questions

SBI PO Exam free books and study materials

We are providing you many free books and notes uploaded by our forum friends to help you in preparation of Reasoning, Data Interpretation and QA, and English language parts. This will make your study process easy, because all the required materials are available at a single source.

English Language and Comprehension free books and notes for SBI PO examination

Reasoning Ability Free books and study materials for SBI PO

SBI Probationary officer recruitment examination Data Interpretation and QA free notes and materials

Banking and Current Affairs material

SBI PO Exam online mock test papers

For practicing the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and GK part of the Paper I of SBI PO examination, you can practice with the Free online mock tests available at www.exams.educationoberver.com

English language online mock test paper

GK online mock test paper

Quantitative Aptitude mock test paper

SBI PO Computer Awareness online model exam

New : SBI PO Exam held on June 14/15 2014 – Question paper from Memory

346 thoughts on “SBI PO Exam – Syllabus, Pattern and Question Papers

1. Hello admin, i must say you have hi quality articles here.
    Your blog should go viral. You need initial traffic only.

How to get it? Search for: Mertiso’s tips go viral

2. Sir,plz tell me the explanation of que 69 in 2016 sbi po exam dated 9.7.16
    Answer should be 2nd option

3. Respected sir/mam
    I need previous year papers of po sbi with answer key

4. Akhtar Patel says:

please send on my email 10 years solve question papers and advice me which book i refer for PO exam

5. GEDDAM.HARIKA says:

Please arrenge a SBI P.O’s 2016 examination schedule and details.

6. respected mam or sir
    please send me Bank PO previous year question paper with answers

thanks

7. Plz send me model paper in this year

8. I want to sbi po syllabus

9. plz send me solved model question papers of sbi po exam plz

10. exma date and exma result and new vacion

11. himanshu khandelwal says:

Respectd sir/mam
    Plz snd me a lst 5 year solved xam paper and also send me advise which book i preferd

12. thank you sir, i am impressed your topic SBI PO Exam 2015 Syllabus & Pattern

13. I want sbi po exam old question paper ….plzz provide me

14. Plz..send Question paper previous exam peapar

15. plz give us previous question paper with solution

16. sir,
    I want to some solved question papers of previous year for bank po exam.so plz send me my email id…
    thanku.

17. rakeshkumar gupta says:

plz u give sbi bank po previous year question paper send my mail id rakeahdottbhagwanpur@gmail.com

18. sapna sharma says:

Plz send me previous sbi PO papers as soon as which is helpful me in Po sbi exam.

Thanks

Sapna sharma

19. please send the previous year data interpretation and aptitude question papers

20. pls arrange that model question paper

21. shaista niamat says:

Pls send me previous year paper of p.o exam sbi on my email id

22. Super ji

23. mayanka dwivedi says:

Plz send me latest some bank modal paper. I will solve it at home.

24. please send all the previous exam papers for IBPS, SBI PO to my mail id.

25. DEAR SIR/MAM,

PLS SEND ME PREVIOUS QUESTION PAPERS

26. plz send me previous year question paper of sbi po (associate bank)

27. I tried to down last 10 years PO SBI question papers with answers. So please if you have last 10 years please send to me

28. Please send last ten years solved question papers with ans for sbi po

29. Please arrange to send SBI PO EXAM PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION AND ANSWERS SHEETS THROUGH COURIER OR EMAIL ID

30. shivanjali vinod mahamuni says:

Sir,
    i want previous year exam solved Question paper & also PO exam syllabus.Please it is provide to me.

31. ASHOK MAHARNAWAR says:

Please arrange to send SBI PO EXAM PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTION AND ANSWERS SHEETS THROUGH . EMAIL ID

32. ABHISHEK KHARDIYA says:

Thanking you
    It will be your kindness.

33. Sri ,i want to sbi syllabus & question models send my email id

34. Nieali Patel says:

plz send me SBI Associate Bank previous paper in my mail id…. plz.

35. send me previous year solved question paper

36. deepak kumar says:

sir ji,
    please send sbi po previous solved question paper my email id. thanks for you

37. deepak kumar says:

sir ji,
    please send sbi po precious solved question paper my email id. thanks for you

38. please send me all old question paper and exam prepare some special books name

39. please send model question paper

40. SAHEERA ABOOBACKER K says:

Please send me the SBI PO Exam previous year question papers.

41. SAHEERA ABOOBACKER K says:

please send “SBI PO PREVIOUS YEARS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS SHEET THROUGH EMAIL ID”.

42. Hi
    Can you please tell me the tips for how to crack tis exam and also i need clear more competitive exmination for tis year itself

43. reeta singh says:

plz send me 10 years solved question paper of bank po exam

44. shyam sundar says:

please send last 5 year solved po question paper

45. sir i want 10year question ppr for sbi po
    exam plzz sand me

46. Please send question paper and syables

47. Padmaja Raghuraman says:

Hi Sir,

Can you please send me the last 10 yrs PO SBI question Papers with answer ?
    It will be a great help to me.

48. SEND ME DETAILS

49. Laxman Singh Shekhawat says:

sir please send me sbi clerk exam previous paper last 10 year and ssc 10+2 exam

50. respected mam/ sir,
    plz send me solved question ppr of last 10 year of sbi exam. plz send answer key each paper

51. plz send me the solved papers of last 10 years of sbi po

52. Plz send me the solved prblms of last 10yrs sbi po’s

53. can you please send me solved question papers of last 10 years of sbi PO Exam?

54. Hi sir,

please send me the material and previous years papers.

Thanks

55. Plz send me the last 10 years solved papers of sbi po

56. Plz send me previous last 10 years solved papers of sbi

57. respected mam/ sir,
    plz send me solved question ppr of last 10 year of sbi exam.

58. Please kindly send me previous 10 years SBI-PO Exam Solved papers