RRB Junior Engineer exam – Syllabus, Pattern and Question papers

RRB JE/ SSE examination- A definitive Success Guide

Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) invited applications for 2786  Junior and Senior section Engineer, Depot Material Superintendent, Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant posts under various Railway sections. For more details about the nature of Posts and Pay details visit the RRB JE/ SSE Recruitment Notification 2015

Educational Qualification

Generally speaking, for Senior Section Engineer and Chief Depot Material Superintend jobs the candidate should be a Four years Bachelor’s Degree in Concerned Engineering Discipline like Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Instrumentation & Control / IT / Communication etc.

Three years Diploma in concerned Engineering Discipline (Civil / Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics etc.) is the basic qualification for Junior Engineering Disciplines For more details about the posts and respective eligible disciplines visit the RRB Jr. and Sr. Engieer Recruitment Notification 2015

Selection Procedure of RRB Sr. and Jr. Engineer posts

Candidates will be short-listed according to their performance in the written examination conducted for this purpose by RRB’s followed by medical verification and interview and certificate verification. For more details about the expected cut-off of RRB Engineer examination 2014, read on..

Syllabus of RRB JE and SSE examination

There are 5 main topics of the examination.

1. General Awareness
  2. Arithmetic
  3. General intelligence and Reasoning
  4. General Science
  5. Technical Ability

For the Junior Engineer Examination expect the questions for General Awareness, Arithmetic and General intelligence and Reasoning in the standard of a Bank Clerk examination. For Senior Engineer exam, the expected standard of these papers are that of a Bank PO exam. For a detailed understanding download the RRB Engineer examination syllabus from here

Examination Pattern

The exam will have 150 objective type questions, and the total time allowed is 2 hrs. For negative marking 1/3 rd mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The expected break off of questions from each topic will be like

General Awareness –  25 Marks
Arithmetic- 25 Marks
General intelligence- 05 Marks
Reasoning- 05 Marks
Technical Ability- 90 Marks

RRB JE Previous Year Question papers

Download previous year question papers of RRB JE Examination held in various years from the links below. Most of the question papers are solved and with an answer key. These previous year RRB JE Question papers will be useful as model papers for the upcoming JE examination.

RRB JE Previous year question paper 2014 – RED, GREEN and YELLOW sets with answer key
RRB JE Last 10 year solved question papers from 2005-2014

RRB JE SSE exam Model question papers

For General Awareness, Arithmetic and General intelligence papers practice with Bank Clerk/ Bank PO question papers.

Technical Ability Model papers for RRB JE Examination

Books and Study Materials

Follow the links below for the books and study materials for preparing for RRB Junior and Senior Engineering Examination. Books, study materials and notes are available for Arithmetic, Reasoning, and Technical Ability sections of the examination.

RRB Junior Engineer Free Mock tests

The following online mock tests will be useful for your preparation for RRB Junior Engineer examination

RRB JE/SE  Examination Electronics online model exam

RRB JE Mechanical live model exam

RRB JE Electrical Engineer free live mock test

RRB JE Civil Engineer free live mock test

General Awareness free online mock test paper

General Science – Physics, Chemistry and Biology

Arithmetic Ability mock test paper

459 thoughts on “RRB Junior Engineer exam – Syllabus, Pattern and Question papers

1. chirajuddin ali says:

Hi please send previous 5 years RRB SSE(SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER) COmputer Science Department to mymail id sirajali801108@gmail.com

2. kundan kumar says:

Sir please tell me…what is the language pattern of JE exam (hindi or english or both)

3. sathiamoorthy kk says:

Hi please send previous 5 years RRB SSE(SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER) COmputer Science Department to mymail id ksvengi92@gmail.com or kksathiamoorthy@gmail.com

4. Hi please send previous 5 years RRB SSE(SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER) Computer Science Engineering Department to mymail id ksvengi92@gmail.com or kksathiamoorthy@gmail.com

5. Hi please send previous 5 years RRB SSE(SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER) IT to mymail id ksvengi92@gmail.com or kksathiamoorthy@gmail.com

6. Hi please send previous 5 years RRB SSE(SENIOR SECTION ENGINEER) to mymail id ksvengi92@gmail.com or kksathiamoorthy@gmail.com

7. Plj
    sir
    send me paper junior engineer civil paitrn

8. Vijay gupta says:

plz send me previpus year rrb metallargical assistant paper
    email-id vijayce123@gmail.com

9. plz send me previpus year rrb metallargical assistant paper

10. Sir , I want to prepare rrb je with civil department . Please tell me when will be come je form for 2018 . I will attend the je exam in 2018 .

11. bilal ilahi says:

i want help for railway jobs

12. Sir
    Plz send me privous question paper in civil engineering dptt

13. plz send rrb ssr & jr engg.comp old qution papae last 10 year on garadnutan100@gmail.com

14. sanjeebi kumar says:

please send me rrb JE & SE previous 10 sloved papers of civil engineer nd syllabus also.. It is urgent. kindly send me the papers to my mail:
    nandisanjeebi4014@gmail.com

15. Plz give me sir…rrb je previous paper of last 10 yrs ….branch -electronics.plz sir…

16. Plz give me sir…rrb je previous paper of last 10 yrs ….branch -electronics.plz sir…my email- ravidayal4@gmail.com

17. Plz give me sir…rrb je previous paper of last 10 yrs ….branch -electronics.plz sir

18. Hindhi me mechanical je post ke liye diploma base pr konsi book leni chahiye mujhe????????

19. Plz send last 10 year mechanical engineer question with solution am preparating for rrb Jen plzz help me
    Mail me-satishme1200@poornima.edu.in

20. Dear Sir
    can u help to crack rrb je exam .
    pls give 3-4 yr previous question papers on mail id
    pramsonawane@gmail.com
    thanks

21. i want to take a personal jobs

22. Aditya sinha says:

Priveous 10 year old questions railway je

23. My sincerely worker in any field

24. vaishali yadav says:

plzz send me a previous year question paper junior engineering civil

25. sathishbodh says:

Sir I requesting u plz I had taken 2016je for mechanical exam in rrb. Plz.. ….send me atleest 3year question papers .sir plz help me.. ………….

26. Panchan Das says:

a big to request rrb that give me 10 year previews questions papers.

27. madhuri durga says:

technical ability previous papers for diploma ECE

28. sir/madam
    i have a 2yr diploma mechanical stream. can i sit this exam? Please tell me.
    email id: dkuillya69@gmail.com

29. sir/madam
    i have a 2yr diploma mechanical stream. can i sit this exam? Please tell me.

30. sir/madam

every year at which month
    rrb exam is held.pls sent me
    answer on my id.
    thanking you
    sriti

32. Dibyendu Biswas says:

please send me study materials for rrb junior engineer exam to my email address

33. piz frds help me,am a mechanical student(DIPLOMA) ,HOW AM PREPARE for je in rrb

34. Keshav Gupta says:

please send me last year electronics question paper

email:id–kguptag1234@gmail.com

35. Keshav Gupta says:

please, send me last year electronics question paper

36. I want rrb technical(electronic)qp

37. Plz send me RRB junior engineer previous year question papers

38. please send me RRB JE computer science engineering previous question papers with answers at this email id lavanyareddy.dothula@gmail.com

39. rohit joshi says:

daer sir,

please send solved paper of rrb je branch instrumentation.

40. rohit joshi says:

daer sir,

please send paper for rrb je branch instrumentation.

41. om prakash says:

pls send me rrb je exam 5 years old quistion papper

42. Umamaheswari says:

Sir plz send rrb Junior engginer eletrical model papers

43. pls send me RRB junior engineer, previous 5 yrs question papers…

44. Manjunatha says:

Hi, Dear friends, I need junior mechanical engineer previous question papers, Kindly send me:

45. Sir pls send to Rrb je 10 year’s question paper pattern

46. Please send me sir Diplimo in tool and die making je post quastion prepares , pleaschoe clarify 8951469063

47. sunkanna m says:

Sir please send me rrb se /je materials in eletrical brach

48. please give me send j.e exam provid varise 10 year qution
    emil – irfanahmad547@gmail.com

49. Please send previous chemical and metallurgy rrb section engineer papers

50. Rajendra kumar garhwal says:

I wants Rrb civil jen post for model paper please send me on my email address thanks

51. please send me rrb JE & SE previous 10 sloved papers of communication engineer.It is urgent. kindly send me the papers to my mail: nezhugilneethu@gmail.com

52. plzzzzzz send mi rrb mechanical exam pattren nd pervious year solve papper

53. Mechanical engineering junior engineering

54. shree nagrale says:

plz send me previpus year rrb metallargical assistant paper

55. sir,
    please send me jr enginner computer science previous question papers
    email:id :-suryakommana220@gmail.com