Vellore Institute of Technology announces admission to the following B.Tech programmes for the year 2010-2011
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Vellore Campus
2. Bio-Medical Engineering
4. Civil Engineering
5. Computer Science & Engineering
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering
7. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
8. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
9. Information Technology
10. Mechanical Engineering
11. Mechanical (Spec. in Chemical Process Engg.)
12. Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engg.)
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Proposed Chennai Campus
1. Civil Engineering
2. Computer Science & Engineering
3. Electronics & Communication Engineering
4. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
5. Mechanical Engineering
Admission is open to NRI / FOREIGN CATEGORY. Selection will be based on the following procedure.
Selection is purely on the basis of merit. Only after the confirmation of admission, the candidate can send the DD for 1000 USD [non-refundable deposit]. The balance fee can be paid or before 31st May 2010 on receipt of the Provisional Admission letter.
ELIGIBILITY AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE
- Candidates, should fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria to seek admission under NRI category, otherwise their admission will stand cancelled:
Completed 12 years of schooling (Equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian Education) with
- Minimum of 60% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics) / PCB (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) in standard XII or Equivalent Degree
- PCB candidates are eligible only for Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engg. and Biotechnology programmes
- PCM candidates are eligible for all 12 B.Tech. programmes
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1988 are eligible to apply
- Either the Candidate or his / her parents should be NRI
- Sponsorship by relative / friend is not acceptable
- All payments should be made in US$ only
The following are considered equivalent to the 10+2 system of Indian Education. They should also produce equivalent marks for the corresponding grades.
- GCE Examination of UK with Higher grades in five subjects at the Ordinary level (‘O’ level) and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology at the Advanced level (‘A’ level).
- High School Certificate Examination, University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate, UK.
- International Baccalaureate Examination of Geneva.
- High School Graduation from accredited institutions of USA.
- 12 years High School – Grade 12 pass from the accredited institutions of Canada.
- 12 years High School Graduation / Diploma / Certificate of an approved Board Schools of China, Thailand, Indonesia, Bhutan, Syria, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Yemen, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, UAE and other Gulf Countries.
- 12 years Secondary Stage qualifications of National Examination Board / Council of Ministry of Education of Kenya, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania Uganda and Rwanda.
- High School Certificate (HSC) and Cambridge School Certificate (‘A’ qlevel) from the accredited institutions of Mauritius.
- The candidate should give 3 options as per the order of preference.
- After the deadline of the application i.e., 31st December 2009, the final seat allotment will be done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate and the order of preference / availability of the seats.
- Allotment of branch will be done on the basis of marks secured in the X standard Annual Examination (overall aggregate). If Grades are mentioned in the marksheet it is the responsibility of the candidate to produce equivalent marks.
- Selected candidates will be intimated through email (candidates are requested to give at least 2 valid email addresses) and they have to pay the Advance Tuition fee of 1,000 USD [non-refundable deposit] drawn in favour of “VIT University” and the balance Tuition fee on or before 31st May 2010 on receipt of the Provisional Admission Letter.
- Candidates are required to apply to VIT University with the following documents along with the application form available on the website.
- Application form
- Age Proof Certificate
- X and XII Mark statement or Equivalent degree Examination marks (if passed out)
- In case, the candidates are awarded with Grades and not with marks, it is the responsibility of the candidates to give equivalent marks for the grades secured from the concerned Institution / Board
- Sponsorship letter (To be given by the parents working abroad)
- Certificates issued by the employer, with full details of the designation of the parents
- Passport and Visa Copies
All the above documents [in photo copies] are to be sent along with the covering letter to the “Admissions officer“, VIT University, Vellore – 632 014, Tamil Nadu.
For more details contact
DR. E. JAMES JEBASEELAN SAMUEL
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125,
220 2157, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
The normal selection process for Indian students will be based on VITEEE – VIT Engineering Entrance Examination, for more details click here