IIT Bhubaneswar PhD in Engineering/ Science/ HSS admissions 2012
Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IITB) invites application for admission to Ph.D. Programme from candidates in the following schools:
1) School of Basic Sciences
2) School of Earth, Ocean & Climate Sciences
3) School of Electrical Sciences
4) School of Humanities, Social Sciences and Management:
5) School of Infrastructure (Civil Engineering):
6) School of Mechanical Sciences (Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical & Materials Engineering)
7) School of Minerals, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering:
PhD (Engineering): 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA in M. Tech/M.E with consistently good academic record OR B.Tech/B.E with 70% or 7.5 CGPA with valid GATE Score (very good) and consistently good academic record in the relevant field.
PhD (Science): 1st class in M.Sc. / M. Tech with consistently good academic record (equivalent CGPA) and valid GATE/NET CSIR/UGC score in the relevant field.
PhD (HSS): 55% marks or equivalent CGPA in Master degree with UGC/NET score OR M. Phil degree in the relevant field.
1. Regular full-time scholars with Institute Assistance.
2. Sponsored Scholars: Candidates who possess the minimum prescribed qualifications and are in service in any of the following establishments shall be eligible for admission to the Ph.D. program as Sponsored Scholars:
i} Defence or other ministries of the Government of India or any other government organizations; ii} Established industrial research and development organizations iii} Autonomous bodies and public undertakings iv) Universities/Colleges
How to Apply:
IITB PhD application form
Duly completed application form should be sent to Officer-on-Special Duty (Academic Affairs), IIT Bhubaneswar, Samantapuri, Bhubaneswar, Odisha – 751 013 along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 500/- for General/OBC, Rs. 250 for SC/ST drawn in favour of “IIT Bhubaneswar” on any nationalized bank payable at Bhubaneswar latest by 30 April, 2012 by post or in person. Please superscribe ‘Application for Admission to Ph.D. programme in the School of_’ on the top of the envelope.
For details visit IITB PHd website