The International Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution(ICADR)  of  Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad Announce Admissions For Sixth Batch Of Post Graduate Diploma In Alternative Dispute Resolution (Proximate Education) (2010)

In order to reduce delays in litigation in courts the Government and the Judiciary are encouraging out-of-court settlements by ADR methods such as arbitration, conciliation, mediation etc. Suitable laws have been enacted for promoting ADR such as the Family Courts Act, 1984, Legal Services Authority Act, 1987, Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, establishment of Permanent Lok Adalats, insertion of Section 89 in CPC which” provides for ADR methods even in Suit -filed cases.

These ADR methods save time, money and ensure expeditious’ ‘ disposal of cases. A great demand for ADR practitioners is now emerging in India. The High Courts in various States have established Permanent Mediation Centres in the districts to facilitate out-of-court settlements among the litigating parties, to implement the provisions of Section 89 of CPC. Panels of Mediators and Arbitrators will be drawn up and cases will be entrusted to them for resolution of the disputes.

The ICADR in collaboration with NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad started the Post Graduate Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution through Proximate Education in the year 2005, for the first time in the country. ICADR has so far conducted five batches very successfully and satisfactorily. The Sixth Batch will commence in January, 2010. The candidates for the diploma will be trained in the law of Arbitration and Conciliation as well as the practical aspects of ADR methods by focusing attention on Simulation Exercises. Contact Classes will be held at Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and also at other places depending upon the availability of minimum number of candidates. These Contact Classes will be handled by Subject Experts who will explain the theoretical and practical aspects of ADR.

The minimum eligibility for the diploma is Graduation.

Interested candidates may obtain the Prospectus-cum-Application Form from the Secretary, ICADR, 10th Floor, Gaganvihar Building, Opp: Gandhi Bhavan, M.J. Road, Hyderabad – 500001 (Ph. No. 040-24745165 / 24731514 / 24653892 / 24657588),

by payment of Rs.250/- either in cash or by Demand Draft/Pay Order drawn in favour of ICADR payable at Hyderabad. The application form duly filled in should be submitted to ICADR on or before 30th January. 2010.

20 thoughts on “Post Graduate Diploma In Alternative Dispute Resolution PGDADR Admissions at NALSAR Hyderabad

1. subhradeep paul says:

Please let me know if I can still get the prospectus and enroll myself for this year’s session what will be the extended date in that case and also the fee.

2. Sir,

Pl. furnish me the deatils of the course (ADR) with fess thereof and commencement of next batch etc.

Hemant M- 9223902957.

3. MONIKA GUPTA says:

I want to knw that whether can i still get the prospectus so that i can ebroll myself now. please

4. Please let me know the fee details and duration of the course.

5. shangamiththiran.a says:

thanking you
    by shangamiththiran.a

6. Dear Sir,

I am a Bangladeshi Law graduate. I am a practising lawyer and have teaching experience. As per the announcement above, I am interested to undertake the proposed PG-Dip on ADR. Plz send me application materials to

7. i want to join pgdip.in adr at nals in this year. so what is the way to join there.please help me. Please let me know the fee details and duration of the course.Is it is regular or distance mode
    thanking you

8. Sir,
    I am Civil Engineering Graduate working in the State Government organisation. I would like to take up the Course in Alternate Dispute Resolution or Civil Engineering Arbritation with which i would like to persue my future carier in this line.

9. i am interested in the pgdip.adr course conducted by nalsar.Please furnish the details of the course stating the course fee and duration of the said course and other necessary informations.

10. Haneefa Rawther,S says:

came to know only now.is it late to submit application.surely I am interested to join.
    pl.let me know immediately.

11. Interested, kindly let me know when admissions are open, can i join right now?

12. I would like to know about the course fee, whether it is full time or distance learning etc.

13. I would like to know the course fee for the ADR course.

14. shanthi.k says:

I am a practising advocate.I want to join the course.can u please send me the fee structure and class schedule.when do the start for the scdamic year 2014-14

15. Dear Sir,

I have completed graduation(B.A.) in 2009,since 2010 I am professionally belongs to help stressed assets resolution(NPAs) of Banks & FIs. I would like to complete ADR course from Mumbai. please suggest me course schedule for 2014-15 & fee structure.

16. hitendra dedhia says:

17. P.REVATHI DEVI says:

Sir, I have been completed my ADR course in your institution long back ,but till date i didnot get any opportunity for appointment of arbitraror or mediator post in hyderabad courts are at my parent bar.

18. Ganta Kesava Rao says:

Seeking admission into Dip.in Arbitration course, Please provide me details.
    My Mail ID furnished above. My Hand Phone +9652203355