Pondicherry University invites applications for admission into the following PG, M.Phil and Ph.D programmes for the academic year 2010-11. Admissions will be based on an Entrance Examination to be conducted on 29-30 May 2010.

Post Graduate Programmes

M.A. (Anthropology)

M.A. (Applied Economics)

M.A. (English & Comparative Literature)

M.A. (Hindi)

M.A. (History)

M.A. (Philosophy)

M.A. (Politics & International Relations)

M.A. (Sanskrit)

M.A. (Sociology)

M.A. (Tamil)

M.A. French (Translation & Interpretation)

M.A. (Mass Communication)

M.A. (South Asian Studies)

M.Com (Business Finance) (Puducherry & Karaikal)

M.Ed. (Master of Education)

M.L.I.S. (Library & Information Science)

M.P.A. (Master of Performing Arts)

M.P.Ed. (Physical Education)

M.S.W. (Master of Social Work)

M.Sc. (Applied Geology)

M.Sc. (Bio Chem. & Mole. Biology)

M.Sc. (Bioinformatics)

M.Sc. (Biotechnology)

M.Sc. (Chemical Sciences)

M.Sc. (Coastal Disaster Management) (Andamans)

M.Sc. (Computer Science)

M.Sc. (Ecology & Envtl. Sciences)

M.Sc. (Marine Biology) (Andamans)

M.Sc. (Mathematics)

M.Sc. (Physics)

M.Sc. (Statistics)

M.Sc. (Sustainable Development)

M.Sc. Five Year Integrated Programme (Applied Geology, Chemistry & Physics)

M.Sc. Five Year Integrated Programme (Mathematics, Computer Science & Statistics)

M.Sc., (Applied Psychology)

M.Sc., (Electronic Media)

M.Sc., (Food Science and Nutrition)

M.Tech. (Comp. Science & Engg.)

M.Tech., (Environmental Engineering & Management)

M.Tech., (Network & Internet Engineering)

MBA (Banking Technology)

MBA (Insurance) (Karaikal Centre)

MBA (International Business)

MBA (Tourism)

MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (Puducherry & Karaikal)

M.Phil Programmes

Sanskrit

Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy

Social Work

Sociology

Tamil

Tamil (Modern Literature)

Tamil ( Religious Literature)

Women’s Studies

Commerce

Computer Science & Engineering

Drama & Theatre Arts

Earth Sciences

Ecology & Environmental Sciences

Economics

Electrical & Electronics Engg.

Electronics & Commn. Engg.

English

Sociology

Tamil

Tourism

Women’s Studies

Zoology

Detailed notification available at Admission News Section

41 thoughts on “Pondichery University Ph.D, M.Phil, and PG Admissions 2010-11 in University Departments and Affiliated Institutes

1. Umesh Sharma says:

I am diploma Enginner(Electrical) having 18 yr. of experience in plant / utility maintenance. Now I want to do BE/ B-Tech through Distance learning institute, kindly suugest me the right institute near by. I am residing in greatyer Noida(U.P.)

2. i would like to do Ph.D from your university. i have completed M.C.A from ignou, and i have 3year teaching Experience in Engineering College and i have total 15 years teaching experience. kindly send the information in this regard.

3. Nagamani N Purohit says:

I would like to do Phd from ur university.I am a faculty in an engg college with 10 yrs of exp and I have done my MTech in Comp Networks.So how to proceed.The guide and all other details pls give info regarding this.

4. Shashikant kk says:

I shashikant k kamble Please informe to us which syllabus are following the in the enternce and and i had passed in the M {Phil in the library and information science at the time of M phil admission i had been given the enternce examination and i Completed the M phil in library and information science .Please suggest to us syllabus or what types of quatione will be came to the examination please informa to us thnaking sir

5. R.Rajeshkannan says:

I am a lecturer of Jaffna University, Srilanka. I want to do an Mphill or MA in sociology in your university. How can I get an admission from Jaffna in your University?

6. Altaf Ahmad Bhat says:

Dear Sir / Madam,

I applied for M Pill in International Politics, neither i have not received my hall ticket by post nor displayed in on-line. What i can do can u suggest immdly.

7. hi sir/mam,

i would like to do MBA .How and when can i get the application . Please guide me.

8. M.RAJA WILLIAMS says:

Dear Sir,

I am a senior manager in an MNC company which produces Industrial gearboxes and motors,i am the head of Assembly and paint shop departments,

I am a MBA in Annamalai university distance education

I would like to study Phd In business administration,

I kindly request you to guide me in this

9. md khaleeeque rehmani says:

sir i want to tak information ABT the mphil in asian chrition studies pls help me

10. imtiyaz wani says:

sir,
    please let me know the anouncement of Mphil/PhD results 2010

11. imtiyaz wani says:

Dear Sir,
    please let me know when exactly the results will be announced for Mphil/PhD 2010

12. Sir,
    please let me know when exactly the result will be announced for phd 2010

13. respected sir, please let me know when will the result of m.a.english entrance exam be published?plz let me know……

14. sir,
    i wanna know about phd entrance exam result 2010.
    pls.let me know pls………

15. Sir i want to know about phd entrance exam results

16. Lakshmidevi says:

i need information reg. Ph.d program

17. Dear sir

Iam a senior manager in BSNL and got MBA from Kerala university with distinction. Now I would like to do M Phil/ Phd In business administration,

I kindly request you to guide me in this.

with regards

P.Mohan

18. sir
    I want to do MBA finance from ur university in the seson 2011.
    how to tak d admisson kindly gide me.
    thankyou

19. sir,
    i just completed my M. Phil in English. and now ‘m working as a lecturer. i would like to do P.hd in English, full time in ur reputed University. so could u pls send me d admission details.
    thank you!

20. I have completed my MBA Finance through Bharthiar university and Now I want to continue my studies and want to take the addmissions for the M. Phil Please reveret to this. As I want to take addmissions in pondicherry university. Please provide me the procedure for that. As I want to go in acedemics. So please give me the suitable procedure for the addmissions. Please reply this on my E-mail address.

Regards, Asif Ali Ganie
    Thanks.

21. RATHOD SUNIL V. says:

PH.D. IN LIBRARY SCIENC

22. Hanumantha Rao says:

Hi
    This is Hanumantha Rao , I got 3rd rank in phd(Eletrical Engineering) entrance Examination. I would like to Know about Ph.D Admission your university. I have 9 year teaching Experience in Engineering College and kindly send the information in this regard.

23. Sreenivas reddy says:

I would like to do Phd from ur university.I am a faculty in an engg college with 3 yrs of exp and I have done my MTech in Computer science.So how to proceed.The guide and all other details pls give info regarding this.

24. Sr. Sajeena S.D says:

I would like to do PhD in Nursing in your esteemed Institution . I had done my M.Sc in Pediatric Nursing from M.G.R University . Kindly send me the information about PhD in nursing programme.

25. I would like to do Phd from ur university.I am a faculty in an engg college with 13 yrs of exp and I have done my MTech in Compter science.So how to proceed.The guide and all other details pls give info regarding this.

26. DR. J. VENUGOPAL says:

Sir,
    I have qualified in PHD MANAGEMENT. I ALSO PASSED MA SOCIOLOGY WITH 63%. IS IT POSSIBLE TO ENROL PHD IN SOCIOLOGY BY GETTING EXEMPTION FROM ENTRANCE AND UPTO THE STAGE OF PRE PHD. SO THAT I CAN SUBMIT THESIS AT AN EARLIEST PERIOD.KINDLY INTIMATE BY HARD COPY.
    THANKING YOU,

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR. J. VENUGOPAL
    MOBILE: 9177619691.

27. DR. J. VENUGOPAL says:

THE ALREADY PHD DEGREE HOLDERS MAY BE GIVEN EXE,PTION FROM CERTAIN FORMALITIES UPTO PRE PHD LEVEL UNDER PART TIME SO THAT THEY CAN SAVE TIME AND MAY CONTRIBUTE IN OTHER FORM UPON THE AREA THEY SELECTED.
    THE ALREADY QUALIFIED MBA / 3 YEAR PGDM CANDIDATES MAY BE PROVIDED WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO ENROL INTO PHD TO STUDY THE NEW SPECIALIZATIONS / NEW COURSES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN STUDIED EARLIER. SO THAT THEY CAN ENHANCE KNOWLEDGE IN THE NEW AREAS IN MBA.CONCESSION IN FEES MAY BE GIVEN ON NO OF COURSES THEY APPEAR.UGC HAS ALREADY PERMITTED TO CONDUCT MBA COURSES WITH ADDITIONAL COURSES.

DR. J. VENUGOPAL

28. Pragyan Mishra says:

Please give me the previous year question papers of p.g. in applied psychology…

29. i have done my pg in hospital management and want to take admission in phd management 2011 kindly guide me

30. basically i am in m.sc bioinformatis now i want to do my ph.d in zoology is it possible

31. i have done my PG in HRM so i wanna to do Ph.D i request u kindly to guide me how to apply this course

32. Sir,
    I am completed M.Sc in physics. Now i am working as a guest lecturer .i would like to do P.hd in physic, full time in ur reputed University. so could u pls send me d admission details.

33. sir, i am completed M.SC.,M.PHIL., B.ED.,in physics . now i am working as a LECTURER. I WOULD LIKE TO DO Ph.D IN PHYSICS, PART TIME IN YOUR REPUTED UNIVER SITY . SO COULD YOU PLEASE SEND ME A ADMISSION DETAILS

34. sir, i have completed M.Sc,electronics and instrumentation. i would like to do P.hd in electronics as regular in your university. so pls send me the details it is possible or not.

35. Madam/Sir, i have completed M.Sc in HUMAN DEVELOPMENT from MYSORE UNIVERSITY with distinction. i would like to do P.hd as regular or part time in your university. so pls send me the details .

Thank you.

36. I would like to register as PhD guide in your esteemed university. I have receive doctorate in 2007 for Endoscopic Skull Base surgery by
    Dr. M. G. R medical University. I am already a guide since 1 year. Since your announcement on March 8 – 2010 about PhD in The Hindu becoming global I would like to guide interested candidates in this important area. Many ENT doctors are interested in endoscopic skull base training. It will prevent Brain Drain to the United States. Please let us know the formalities.

37. sir,
    I have to done my PG in kerala university and now decide to join the Mphil so kindly help me.

38. Sir,
    let me know, when will call for PhD in 2012

39. I need to get enrolled in PH.D programme for Ecology & Environmental science.
    I have done my PG from Sikkim& Manipal University in the same subject in 2004.
    Presently working…

40. I need to get enrolled in PH.D program for Ecology & Environmental science.
    I have done my PG from Sikkim & Manipal University in the same subject in 2004.
    Presently working….