North Orissa University admission to Ph.D / D.Sc. / D.Litt course

North Orissa University invites applications from intending candidates for Ph.D./D.Sc./D.Litt registration in various subjects. Application henceforth will be invited throughout the year.

Approved subjects

Botany, Chemistry, Commerce & Management, Computer Science & Information Technology, Economics, Education, English, Geology, History, Law, Life Science, Oriya, Philosophy, Psychology, Physics, Political Science, Sanskrit and Zoology.

Eligibility

Master’s Degree in the relevant subject from any recognized University with at least 48% of marks or equivalent grade. A candidate can also be eligible for Ph. D. registration in any allied subject other than his or her subjects at the Master level provided that he/she produces evidence of original published research work or continuing study interest in the field and this is to be decided by the Subject Research Committee.

Application form

A candidate desirous of carrying out research for Ph.D. under North Orissa University shall apply in the prescribed format available in the office of the Controller of Examinations on payment of Rs. 500/- by hand or by sending a Bank Draft of Rs.550/- to be drawn in favour of Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University payable at any nationalized Bank at Baripada by post. Complete application form is to be submitted to the office of the Controller of Examinations.

The application from can also be downloaded from the University website: www.nou.nic.in and be submitted to the office of Controller of Examinations with a bank draft of Rs. 500/- be drawn in favour of Comptroller of Finance, North Orissa University payable at any nationalized Bank at Baripada.

For more information visit http://www.nou.nic.in/Admission_Guidelines.htm

32 thoughts on “North Orissa University admission to Ph.D / D.Sc. / D.Litt course

1. I have completed MSc. in Geolgoy in 2001.
    As a geolgogist in MESCO STEEL LTD,Barbil
    8 years + experience in Iron,Mn,Cr.,Bx and Fireclay

• prepare a project ”Talabasta fire clay and its economic importance in Talabasta area,cuttack dist,
      Academics Qualification:-
      PG(Geolgogy) K.K(A)college,BAM 2001 76.5% Second rank
      I registetr to Phd geolgogy.

2. anupama padhi says:

sir,
    I want to register for ph.d.in english in2011.what shall i have to do?

3. I was awarded Ph.D in English Language and Literature by Calicut University,Kerala in 2010. I would like to register for D.Litt in your University. Could you kindly furnish me with the reuirements for the registration as your website doesn’t give any direction on it?

4. DR.K.V.R.SRINIVAS says:

sir, i have obtained my D octorial degree from andhra university during the year-2005. i published 13 research papers in national and international journals. can i eligible to do D.SC. IN mathematics in your university.

5. Great work. I am looking for this information for long time.

6. Pallavi Mangaraj says:

when there will be notifiication for phd programme(2013-2014)?Is there any facility for biotechnology?

7. university is good for the student and env is also good………..

8. pragna paramita satpathy says:

I want to do Phd in Oriya? Do let me know the admission fees and other details. i am MA in Oriya from ranchi College, Ranchi.

9. sayantan chowdhury says:

From when ph.d in law admission will start?can you give tentative dates of advertisement?

10. Dr.Karigoleshwar says:

Sir please inform or give some suggestion about D.Lit and its admission procedure

11. Dr. Bandaru Srinivasa Rao says:

Respected Sir

May I Know the procedure for admission in D.Lit in Commerce and Management.

12. Sir ,I want to do Ph.D in Psychology from your university ,please suggest me how it will be done & materialised with in 2 years .

13. lopamudra nayak says:

I have completed M.Phill(English) from Berhampur University,want to pursue my Phd in english ,pls suggest how to go ahead.

14. Dear Sir, I am working for last 7-10years in a Nationalised R & D laboratory in a permanent Cadre. My qualification is M.Sc. CHEMISTRY. Can I be eligible for Ph.D……? If how shall I persue without course work….?
    Thanking You. NIHAR

15. I’m doing M.A from Rabindra Bharati University in English Literature & will be completed in 2016.I want to take admission in Phd next year.What’s the mandatory rules for that?

16. MANORANJAN GAYEN says:

I want to do Ph.D in Law from your University . Please suggest me how it will be done? My LL.M mark is 54.9%.

17. Ranjit kumar das says:

I want to do ph.d in your university in political science.my p.g. Percentage is 63. So plz, suggest me.

18. Rudranarayan Barik says:

I got 48.5% in my 12th exams will get admission in your university…..pllzzz tell me as soon as you cann….my fon no. is 8908140564

19. Dr Manisha Acharya says:

I did my PhD in Botany . I have 10 years experience in Industry and 5 years experience in technology business incubator ( experience in Entrepreneurship and Innovation management ). I have three papers also related to Entrepreneurship and Innovation management . I want to do D.Lit in Management ( Entrepreneurship and Innovation management related topic ) . Kindly advise the procedure for admission in D.Lit

20. rabindranath nayak says:

I want to do post doctoral research work (D.Litt) in Education subject under your university.How can I know the rules and regulations related to said course?

21. Dr.sanjay keshaorao katait says:

I want to pursue D.Litt in commerce kindly communicate the procedure and other related information. Thanking You.

22. Dr.sanjay keshaorao katait says:

I want pursue D.Litt in commerce from your university. Kindly guide me.

• Dr.sanjay keshaorao katait says:

I completed my phd in commerce in 2005, completed major and minor project of ugc,publish 12 papers in journals with high impact factor,publish four books. wants to pursue D.Litt. kindly communicate procedure of your university along with prescribed fees and forms.

23. swagatika panda says:

I have completed my MBA.can I do PhD..if yes…then which subject

24. Dr. Bishnu Charan Pradhan says:

sir, i have obtained my D octorial degree from Utkal university during the year-2014. i published 10 research papers in national and international journals. can i eligible to do D.SC. IN Zoolozy / Environmental science in your university.

25. Request for D Lit admission procedure.

26. Dr. Narendra Nath Thakur says:

I have completed my Ph.D in 2011 from Visvabharti santiniketan and now i want to do D.litt in sanskrit. help me.

27. Dillip kumar murmu says:

May, I know when published for Ph.D , for 2017.

28. Dillip kumar murmu says:

May, I know when notification for Ph.D , for 2017.

29. Dr. Sanjay K. Katait says:

Sir/Madam,
    I want to do D.Litt in commerce & management. Kindly guide. Thanking You.

30. I want to registration Dlit in odia.. What is the procedure…