NMIHACM MA in History of Art/ Conservation & Restoration of Works of Art/ Museology admissions 2012
National Museum Institute of History of Art, Conservation and Museology (NMIHACM), New Delhi, invites applications for admissions to MA in (i) History of Art, (ii) Conservation & Restoration of Works of Art and (iii) Museology, for 2012 session.
• M.A. (History of Art) : Graduate Degree from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks. Desirable – Background in Social Sciences, Liberal Arts or Fine Arts.
• M.A. (Conservation): Graduate Degree with minimum 50% marks in any of the following subjects – Chemistry / Physics / Geology / Botany / Zoology / Computer Science / Fine Arts / History / History of Art / Architecture / Archaeology / Museology / Designing or a Diploma recognized as equivalent to graduate degree in any of these fields.
• M.A. (Museology): B.A. / B.Sc. (Honours) or B.A. / B.Sc. / B.F.A. (3 years) with minimum 50% marks in any discipline under Humanities and Social Sciences / Science. Desirable – Background / PG Diploma in subjects related to History of Art and Museum Studies.
Desirable Qualifications for M.A. courses:
Knowledge of one classical / foreign language such as Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Persian, Arabic, Greek, Latin, German, French, Italian, etc.
It awards eight Merit Scholarships each @ Rs.40,000/- per annum and eight Merit-cum-Means Scholarships each @ 2,000/- per annum.
Application form available at NMI website
Applications for admissions may be sent to Dr. P.K. Sharma, Assistant Registrar, National Museum Institute, National Museum, Janpath, New Delhi-110011.
• MA (History of Art) 11.06.2012
• MA (Conservation) 12.06.2012
• MA (Museology) 13.06.2012
Last date for receipt of applications is 05-06-2012.