Meenakshi Academy Of Higher Education And Research, Chennai, invites applications form eligible candidates for admission to the following courses for the academic year 2011-2012.
Pass in MBBS Degree Course from a MCI recognized Institutions / University internship should have been completed by 30th April of the year of admission. Permanent registration from any state Medical Council of India’s is essential before the commencement of the course
A candidate who has passed in any of the following examination from the recognized university accepted by the syndicate of this university as equivalent thereto shall be permitted to appear and qualify for M.Sc. Degree (in the Faculty of Medicine)
1. B.Sc. Degree in Zoology, Botany, Chemistry and Biochemistry or Microbiology, (either as a major or ancillary subject, medical laboratory technologies and Allied Health Sciences)
2. Professional courses like B.S.M.S., B.U.M.S., B.A.M.S. AND B.H.M.S.
3. Other Graduates with B.Sc. level knowledge is also eligible to apply to the course.
BDS Degree of this University recognized as equivalent thereto and registerable with the Dental Council of India.
1. The candidate should be a registered nurse and registered midwife or equivalent with any state nursing registration council.
2. The minimum education requirements shall be the passing of B.Sc., Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc., Nursing with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
3. The candidate should have undergone in B.Sc., Nursing / B.Sc. Hons. Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing in an institution which is recognized by Indian Nursing council.
4. Minimum one year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
5. Minimum one year of work experience prior or after post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
6. Candidate shall be medically fit.
7. 5% relaxation marks for SC/ST candidates may be given.
BPT Degree of this University or any other University recognized as equivalent thereto
Eligibility for MBBS & BDS
He / She should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year in which the candidate is seeking admission.
Candidates belonging to all categories except schedules caste / scheduled tribe, for admission to the course should have obtained not less than 50% mark in aggregate in physics, chemistry and Biology (Botany / Zoology) at the qualifying examination (Academic stream 10 + 2 / HSE / PUC) after a period of 12 years study. Candidates who have studied abroad the equivalent qualification as determined by the association of Indian universities shall form the guidelines to determine the eligibility and should have passed in the subject of physics, chemistry, biology (Botany / Zoology) and English upto the 12th standard level with 50% marks aggregate.
Candidates belonging to scheduled caste / scheduled tribe, the minimum marks for admission shall be 40% in lieu of 50% for general category.
1. The minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of higher secondary school certificate examination (12 years course) or senior school certificate examination (10+2), pre-degree examination (10+2) or An equivalent with board or university with science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) and English with minimum of 45% Aggregate marks (PCBE).further 5% relaxation is permitted to SC/ST students (w.e.f. F.No.1-5/GB-CIR 205-INC, dt. 29-08-2008)
2. Candidate shall be medically fit.
before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year B.Sc. Nursing course.
A pass in the plus 2 (+2) examination thereto (Academic stream) from a recognized board or university with subjects – physics, chemistry and biology (botany & zoology)
All India common entrance examination for M.D.S., M.Sc., (N), M.P.T., M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.Sc. (N) & B.P.T. Degree courcec will be conducted by this university and the students are selected for the above courses based on the merit & performance in the entrance examination.
Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Physiotherapy & Engineering
Eligibility : Master’s Degree in the relevant subject
D.Sc. Programme in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing & Physiotherapy also available
Eligibility for UG Courses:
Higher secondary or equivalent qualifying examination with 50% of aggregate in Physics, chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology) for MBBS and BDS Degree Course. 45% or aggregate in Physics, chemistry, Biology (Botany and ZoologyO and English for B.Sc (N) and a pass in Higher Secondary Course Examination for BPT Degree course. The candidates age shouldbe not less than 17 years as on 31-12-2011.
*candidates belong to Schedule Cast, ST or other backward classes the minimum marks for admission shal be 40% in lieu of 50% for General Category.
APPLICATION FORM: - Brochure and Application form for MBBS and BDS may be obtained in person on payment of Rs.1000/- by cash and Rs.500/- for B.Sc. (N) and BPT Degree courses. To receive the application byh post the candidate should send a requisition letter along with a DD for Rs.1100/- or Rs.600/- as the case may be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, MAHER” payable at chennai. The application form can also be downloaded and submitted along with a DD for Rs.1000/- for MBBS and BDS Degree courses and Rs.500/- for B.Sc. (N) Degree courses.
Last Date for Receipt of Filled In Application Form: 16-05-2011
Date of Common Entrance Test: 28-05-2011
APPLICATION FORM:- Brouchure and Application form for DM. M.Ch may be obtained from on paymnet of Rs.2000/- by cash. To receive the application by post the candidate should send a requisition letter along with a DD for Rs.2100/- as the case may be drawn in favour of the “Registrar, MAHER” payable at Chennai. The applicaiton form can also be downloaded and submitted along with DD for Rs.2000/-
Last Date For Receipt Of Filled In Application Form:- 15-06-2011
Date of Entrance Test: 25-06-2011
Filled in Applications and other enclosures to be folded once and sent to:
Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research,
12, Vembuliamman Koil Street,
West K.K. Nagar, Chennai – 600 078