Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) Bangalore invites applications from eligible candidates of Karnataka for Medical and Engineering Degree programs in the state of Karnataka.
The candidates must appear for Karnataka CET 2011 Common Entrance Test in PCB subjects for admission to Medical / Dental / Indian System of Medicine and Homoeopathy courses and PCM subjects for admission to Engineering / Technology Courses conducted by the Karnataka Examinations Authority. For admission to Architecture course candidates must appear for NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture. Visit KEA website for List of institutions conducting NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) in Karnataka.
From this year, for admission to Engineering / Technology courses, a candidate has to obtain an aggregate minimum of 50% marks in the optional subjects in the Qualifying Examination. 45% of marks in Q.E. in case of SC, ST, Category-I, 2A, 2B, 3A and 3B Category candidates,
Important Dates of Karnataka CET 2011
- Last date for submission of D.D. to the principals of schools and colleges : 11-03-2011
- Last date for submission of D.D. by Speed Post to KEA by Karnataka candidates residing out side Karnataka : 15-03-2011(Including Horanadu, Gadinadu and other Karnataka candidates)
- Date of reaching the brochures with application forms to all the candidates : 21-03-2011
- Last date for submission of filled application forms to the Principals of schools and colleges : 26-03-2011
- Last date for submission of filled applications by the Principalsof the institutions to the KEA : 29-03-2011
- Last date for submission of filled applications by Karnataka candidatesresiding out side Karnataka by Speed Post to KEA : 29-03-2011 (Including Horanadu, Gadinadu and other Karnataka candidates)
- Date of reaching the admission tickets by KEA to all the applicants : 20-04-2011
- Date of Kannada language Test: 26-04-2011(ONLY for Horanadu & Gadinadu Kannadiga candidates)
- DATE OF COMMON ENTRANCE TEST – 2011 : 27-04-2011 & 28-04-2011
- Date of publication of ‘CET 2011′ Answer Key : 04-05-2011
- Last date for submission of objections, if any, regarding answer key : 10-05-2011