Indira Gandhi National Open University invites applications for for Doctoral, M.Phil, Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diplomas, Diplomas, Post Graduate Certificates and Certificate programmes round the year under walk in admission for January 2009/ July 2009 Session
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Education, History, Tourism Studies, Political Sc., Economics, Sociology, Public Admn., Lib & Inf.Science, Nursing, Mathematics, Physics, Hindi, English, Commerce, Management, Social Work, Women’s Studies, Rural Development, Child Development, Gender & Development Studies, Food & Nutrition, Distance Education, Sri Aurobind Studies and Agriculture Extension(English Only)
1. M.Phil in Sri Aurbindo Studies.
Master Degree Programmes:
1. Master of Arts in Distance Education, English, Hindi, Economics, History, Education, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, Commerce, Social Work, Rural Development, Computer Applications, Library and Information Science. Tourism Management, Sri Aurobindo Studies, Public Policy, Master of Commerce(in Finance and Taxation), Master of Business Administration(through Entrance Test), MBA in Banking & Finance, Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management. M.Sc. in Hospitality Admn.
2. Mathematics with Application in Computer Science (offered in January session only)
3. M.A in Mass Communication (Offered in July Session Only)
Bachelor Degree Programmes:
1. Bachelor of Arts, Commerce, Science, Social work, Tourism Studies, Computer Applications, Library and information Science, Fashion Design, Textile Design, Fashion Merchandising & Production, Bachelor of Education(through Entrance Test), B.Sc in Hospitality and Hotel Admn., Bachelor of Science(Nautical Science)(through Entrance Test), Bachelor of Commerce(A&F), Bachelor Preparatory Programme (BPP).
2. Bachelor of Science Nursing (Post Basic), B.Tech Civil (Construction Management) and B.Tech Civil (Water Resource Engineering), B.Tech Mechanical Engineering (Computer Integrated Manufacturing) (offered in January session only
3. B.Sc(Hons) Optometry and Ophthalmic Techniques and Bachelor of Arts in International Hospitality Administration (offered in July session only)
Post Graduate Diplomas:
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Distance Education, Higher Education, Library Automation and Networking, Rural Development, Radio Prasaran, Translation, Journalism and Mass Communication, Audio Programme Production, International Business Operation, Disaster Management, Intellectual Property Rights, Environment and Sustainable Development, School leadership & Management, Participatory Management of Displacement, Resettlement and Rehabilitation, Social Work, Studies in Indian Culture, Integral Education, P.G.Diploma in Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Operation Management, Plantation Management (offered only in cochin region), Acupuncture (online),
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Cardiology, Maternal & Child Health, Folklore & Culture Studies, Adult Education (offered in July session only),
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Hospital & Health Management, Geriatric Medicine, Pharmaceutical Sales Management, Counselling, Family Therapy and Mediation ( Offered in January Session Only)
1. Advanced Diploma in Construction Management &Advanced Diploma in Water Resource Engineering (offered in January session only)
2. Advanced Diploma in Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
1. Diploma in Civil Engineering(G),Dip. in Civil Engg.(Army Only), Diploma in HIV and Family Education, Creative Writing in English, Youth in Development Work, Early Childhood Care and Education, Nutrition and Health Education, Tourism Studies, Women’s Empowerment and Development, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Diploma in Retailing, Diploma in BPO, Diploma in Management, Diploma in Primary Education, Dip. in Electrical & Mech. Engg.(Army Only), Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
2. Diploma in Value added Products from fruits and Vegetables, Value added Products from Cereals, Pulses and oilseeds Meat Technology, Dairy Technology, Nursing Administration ( All are offered in January Session Only),
Post Graduate Certificate:
1. Post Graduate Certificate in Cyber Laws, Endodontics,Oral Implantology(through Entrance Test), Project Management(Online).
2. Post Graduate Certificate in Patents Practice, Development Studies (Offered in January Session only)
3. P.G.Certificate in Bangla-Hindi Translation, Malyalam-Hindi Translation (Offered in July Session Only)
4. Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Development of Teachers(Only for teachers working in Navodaya Vidyalaya)
Advanced Certificate Programmes:
1. Advanced Certificate in Power Distribution Management.
1. Certificate in Disaster Management, Environmental Studies, Food and Nutrition, Human Rights, Guidance, Nutrition and Child Care, Consumer Protection, Rural Development, Teaching of English, Tourism Studies, Laboratory Techniques, HIV & Family Education, Food safety, Health Care Waste Management, Competency Enhancement for ANM/FHW, Newborn and Infant Care, Maternal and Child Health Care, Teaching of Primary School Mathematics, Business Skills, Functional English(Basic Level), Certificate in NGO Management, Certificate in Sericulture, Certificate in Organic Farming and Certificate Programme in German Language (Offered only in Tamilnadu), Certificate in French Language, Janpnese language, Certificate Programme in Introduction to Sri Aurobindo Studies, Communication Skills for BPO, ITeS and Related Sectors, Certificate in Primary Education, Primary Teaching, Primary Curriculam & Instruction, Craft & Design(Pottery), Shoe Upper Cutting, Shoe Upper Stiching, Shoe Lasting & Finishing & Elementary Teacher Education.
- Certificate in Computing, Performing & Visual Arts, Community Radio, Jewellery Designing, Handmade Paper Items (offered in January session only.)
1. Computer Literacy programme
2. Certificate Programme in Motorcycle Service and Repair.
3. Awareness-cum-Training Packages in Disability (Visual Impairment, Mental Retardation, Hearing Impairment & Cerebral Palsy)
1. Appreciation Course on Environment
The Common Prospectus can be obtained from the Registrar, SR&D, IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 and from all the Regional Centres of IGNOU whose addresses are given below by sending a sum of Rs.150/- through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of ‘IGNOU’ payable at New Delhi / the city of concerned Regional Centre/or paying Rs.100/- in cash at the respective sale counters. Please write your name and address on the back of the DD.
An electronic version of the Prospectus is also available at IGNOU website at http://www.ignou.ac.in
Application form can be downloaded from the website and submitted alongwith DD for Rs.100/- in addition to the programme fee.
Application forms can also be submitted online through the University website round the year.
Submission of filled in application forms at concerned Regional Centres
January, 2009 Session 1st June to 30th November (without late fee)
July, 2009 Session 1st December to 30th April (without late fee)
1st May to 31st May (with late fee of Rs. 200/-)
Note: The filled in forms submitted at concerned Regional Centres beyond the last dates mentioned above shall be treated in next session
Addresses of the Regional Centres and Recognized Regional Centres :
(1).Rahul Chamber H.No. 3-5-909, Himayat Nagar, Narayanguda Main Road Hyderabad-500029 (2) JNR Mahavidyalaya Port Blair-744104 (3) Navagiri Road, 1st Bye-Lane, Chandmari, Guwahati - 781003.(4) 2nd Floor, BISCOMAUN Tower, West Gandhi Maidan, Patna-800001 (5) 52, Tughlakabad Instt. Area, Near Batra Hospital, New Delhi-110 062. (6) Opp. Nirma Instt. of Technology, Sarkhej-Gandhi Nagar, HighwayChharodi, Ahmedabad-382481 (7) Old Govt. College Campus, Railway Station Road, Karnal-132001 (8) Chauhan Niwas Building, Khalini, Shimla-171002 (9) NSSS. Kalyana Kendra 293, 39th Cross, 8th Block, Jayanagar, Bangalore-560082 (10) Kaloor, Cochin-682017 (11) Sanchi Complex, 3rd Floor, Opp. Board of Secondary Edn, Shivaji Nagar., Bhopal-462016 (12). 1ST Floor, MSFC Building, 270, Senapati Bapat Road, Pune –411016 (13) Sunny Lodge, Nongthyammai, Nong Shilliang, Shillong-793014 (14) C-1, Institutional Area, Bhubaneshwar-751013 (15) 70/79, Sector -7, Patel Marg, Mansarovar, Jaipur-302020 (16) C.I.T. Campus, Taramani, Chennai-600113 (17) B-1/33, Sect.-H, Aliganj, Lucknow-226024 (18) Bikash Bhawan, 4th Floor, North Block, Saltlake Bidhan Nagar, Kolkata- 700091 (19) Gandhi Smriti & Darshan Samiti, Rajghat, New Delhi-110002 (20) SPMR College of Commerce, Canal Road, Jammu -180001 (21) Mantoo House, Raj Bagh, Near Masjid AL -Farooq, Srinagar -190008 (22) Nanoor, Khera, Tapovan Raipur Road, Dehradun-248001, (23) 457/A, Ashok Nagar, Ranchi-834002 (24) Gairigaon, Tadong, PO Shumbuk House Gangtok, -737102 (25) Hornhill Complex, ‘C’ Sector (Near Central Sch.) Naharlagun, Itanagar-791110 (26) Asha Jina Complex North AOC, Imphal, -795001 (27) Lal Bulaia Building, M.G. Road, Khatla, (Near Central YMA OFF.), Aizwal, -796001 (28) MBB College Compound, PO Agartala College, Agartala, 799004 (29) NH-39, Opp. Dzuvuru (Mhon Khola) I.O.C. Kohima, -797001 (30) ITI Building, Bulepur, (District Ludhiana) Khanna-141401 (31) Rest House & EM, Office Hall, Sector-1, Shankar Nagar, Raipur-492007 (32) 2nd FLR, Rajshekhar Bhavan, Rani Durgavati Vishvavidyalaya Campus, Pachpedhi Jabalpur-482001 (33) Distt, agriculture Office Road, Behind Panchayat Bhavan Koraput-764020, (34) Lalit Narayan Mithila Univ. Camps, Kameshwara Nagar, Near Central Bank, Darbhanga-846004 (35) 4/1339A new sir syed nagar dodhpur civil lines Aligarh- 202 002 (36) CSI institutional Campus TPK Road, (NH7) Pasumali Madurai-625004 (37) Continuing Education Building, Saurashtra University Campus, Rajkot-360005, (38) Netaj Road, Subhas Pally, Siliguri-734 001 (39) Gandhi Bhawan, B.H.U Campus, Varanasi – 221 005 (40) 1st Floor, SKPVV, Hindu High School, Kothapetha, Vijaywada-520 001
NOTE: Applicants from Army, Navy and Assam Rifles can obtain “Student Handbook & Prospectus” from the following Recognised Regional Centres:
ARMY (RR Centres) 1. Brig. Edu. HQ Central Command,Lucknow-226002, 2. Col. Edu. Uttar Kaman Mukhyalaya C/O 56APO HQ Northern Command, Udhampur, 3. Col. Edu. HQ Western Command, Chandimandir-134107 4 Col. Edu. HQ Southern Command, C/O 56APO Pune, 5. Col. Edu. Fort Wililam HQ Eastern Command, Kolkata -700021, (6) Education Branch, Jaipur, Rajesthan.
.NAVY (RR Centres) 1.Central Directorate of Naval Educ. integrated HQ. Ministry of Defence West Block 5 ,2nd floor wing-2 R.K. Puram New Delhi -110066 2.. HQ. Western Naval Command Shahid Bhagat Singh Marg Mumbai-400023 3. HQ. Eastern Naval Command Visakhapatnam-530014 4.. Naval Base HQ. Southern Naval Command Kochi-682004
For more details visit www.ignou.ac.in