Directorate of Medical Education Admission to 3 year Higher Speciality Courses (DM/ M.Ch.) in Tamilnadu Government Medical Colleges 2011-12
1. Application forms for the above courses will be available only online from 16.5.2011 to 2.6.2011 up to 3.00 p.m. and can be downloaded from the Websites http://www.tn.health.org / www.tn.gov.in . No application will be available either at the Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Chennai-10 or at any Medical Colleges.
2. A crossed Demand Draft for Rs. 2000/- (Rupees Two thousand only) drawn in favour of the Secretary, Selection Committee, Chennai-10 and dated not earlier than 14.5.2011 from any branch of a Nationalized Bank, payable at Chennai should be attached with the application form as the cost of application. SC/SCA/ST candidates are exempted from the payment of above fee for the application form and they have to produce an attested Xerox copy of the community certificate along with the application form.
3. Candidates of Tamil Nadu Nativity and other State candidates who studied their MBBS and PG courses in any of the Medical Colleges in Tamil Nadu alone are eligible to apply.
4. Candidates who have discontinued the course on any grounds are eligible to apply only after two years from the date of discontinuation of the course.
5. A candidate who has already acquired a Higher Speciality degree course in any discipline or who has already completed the course is not eligible to apply for any other discipline
6. Candidates who are presently undergoing Higher Speciality course in any discipline are not eligible to apply for any other discipline.
7. Service candidates who have not completed three years of continuous Regular Service as on 30.6.2011 are not eligible to apply.
8. Candidates who passed PG courses from other Universities have to produce the Eligibility Certificate from Tamil Nadu DR MGR Medical University Chennai at the time of Counselling, failing which they will not be considered for selection.
9. The completed application along with enclosures should reach the Secretary, Selection Committee, No. 162, Periyar EVR High Road, Kilpauk, Chennai-10 on or before 2.6.2011 by 5.00 p.m.