Director, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, invites applications from candidates who are bonafide Indian citizens and having consistently good academic record. Candidates should have strong motivation to pursue research in modern biology leading to a Ph.D degree. The projects offered for Ph.D would be in the broad areas of
(i) Biotechnology and Biomedicine
(ii) Genetics and Evolution
(iii) Cell Biology and Development
(iv) Molecular Biology
(iv) Biochemistry and Biophysics
(v) Bioinformatics and Theoretical Biology.
Candidates who satisfy the following criteria only need apply:
1. Should have an M.Sc. degree in any area of biological/physical/chemical sciences including mathematics and qualified in the CSIR-UGC (NET) examination for Junior Research Fellowship. The Fellowship Certificate should be valid as on the date of joining. (Candidates qualified only for Lecturership in CSIR-UGC (NET) examination need not apply.
2. Candidates qualified in ICMR-JRF examination under Life Sciences may apply. Admission will be subject to their qualifying in the CCMB written test/interview and award of Fellowship by ICMR.
3. Candidates qualified in DBT-JRF examination can also apply.
4. Engineering (B.E. & B.Tech.) or B.Pharm graduates with Biotechnology as a subject of study and have qualified in GATE examination with a minimum of 85 percentile may also apply for award of Research Fellowship subject to their qualifying in the written test/interview and award of fellowship by CSIR. The GATE certificate should be valid as on the date of joining.
5. Students with non-life sciences background (having master degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics/Chemistry and B.Tech in Computer Sciences or other Engineering discipline) are specifically encouraged to apply, if they have high desire and motivation in doing interdisciplinary research in Life Sciences.
6. Students with MBBS with first division may also apply. Selected candidates should also qualify/obtain the Senior Research Fellowship conducted by the Human Resource Development Group, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, New Delhi, to pursue PhD in CCMB.
7. Upper age limit is 28 years as on 8.12.2008 which is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically Handicapped candidates.
For more details visit Complete notification at http://www.educationobserver.com/news/news.php?action=fullnews&showcomments=1&id=1384