Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2018 by AcSIR
Summer Training Program at AcSIR provides an opportunity to spend one of your summers working at premier research Laboratories of CSIR with some of the leading scientists in India, in an environment which promotes trans-disciplinary research.
The program is supported/ funded by AcSIR through its AcSIR-Kalam Fellowship.
Total number of Fellowships: 20 (With Scholarship)
Duration: Two months; Between the months of May and August
Amount of Fellowship: Rs. 25,000 per student for the duration of the program (payable after successful completion of the training program and submission of project report to the Laboratory Coordinator)
Travel allowance to the selected student: Reimbursable to a maximum of Rs. 5,000 per selected student
This is a compulsorily Residential Program where the selected students would be required to stay on campus of the respective CSIR Labs on charge basis.
Candidate should poses any of the following qualification:
- First year of M.Sc program or equivalent: minimum first-class at pre-M.Sc degree level
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.Sc program or equivalent: GPA 6.0 on a scale of 10 (upto IV Sem)
- First year of M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs at B.E/B.Tech level or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100
- Third year of B.E/ B.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem)
- Third to pre-final year of Integrated M.E/M.Tech program or equivalent: GPA 8.0 on a scale of 10 OR GPA 7.0 on a scale of 10 for CFTIs (upto IV Sem) or GATE Score ≥600 or NET (Engineering) Rank from 1 to 100.
- Screening will be primarily based on a Research Proposal and other screening criteria decided by the Committee.
- An applicant can give five preferences of CSIR Labs/Institutes.
- Shortlisted applicants will be intimated electronically
- Selection Interview will be held at a central location. Appearance at the interview is mandatory for consideration.
- Applicant may be allowed to participate through electronic media for interview (Skype etc.) under specific request.
- Selection is purely based on merit/ performance at the selection interview.
- Food and lodging arrangements shall be made for applicants called for interview only.
AcSIR – Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program 2018 application deadline: 31.12.2017.
For details visit here