Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) invites applications for admission to the following undergraduate and dual-degree programmes for the academic year 2018 -19:
• 4-Year B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering (60 Seats)
• 4-Year B.Tech In Avionics (60 Seats)
• 5-Year Dual Degree (B.Tech and Master of Science/ M.Tech) Programme (20 Seats)
Eligibility for Admissions to Undergraduate Programmes at IIST
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy the criteria given below for applying for admission to Undergraduate Programmes in IIST.
• Citizenship Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for admission in IIST.
• Date of Birth
Candidates belonging to General category (GEN) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) categories must have been born on or after October 1, 1993. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PD) categories must have born on or after October 1, 1988. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.
• Qualifying Examination (10+2 or Equivalent) Must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PD candidates should be at least 65%. The marks scored in the following five subjects will be considered for calculating the aggregate marks criterion:
• A language (if the candidate has taken more than one language, then the language with the higher marks will be considered)
• Any subject other than the above four (the subject with the highest marks will be considered)
The qualifying examination should be any of the following:
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc., recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board/University.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge /Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
• Marks scored in JEE(Advanced)-2018 Examination Candidates who are desirous to join B.Tech. Programmes in IIST must appear for the Joint Entrance Examination (Main)-2018 conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi to qualify themselves to appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced)-2018 conducted by IITs and secure the minimum prescribed category-wise marks in JEE (Advanced)-2018 as given below:
• General Candidates (GEN): At least 20% marks in aggregate and at least 5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
• Other Backward Community — Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) Candidates: At least 18% marks in aggregate and at least 4.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
• Scheduled Caste(SC), Scheduled Tribe(ST) & Persons with Disabilities(PD) Candidates: At least 10% marks in aggregate and at least 2.5% marks in each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
More details of JEE (Main) — 2018 may be viewed here
More details of JEE (Advanced) — 2018 may be viewed here
• Release of Admission Brochure : 02.05.2018
• Opening of Online Registration : 22.05.2018
• Closing of Online Registration : 10.06.2018
For details visit IIST Wesbsite