MCA or MBA
hi frnds,, i hav a confusion, i m currently pursuing BCA frm IP university , currently in 2nd year, i m confused wt to do after MCA or MBA , its big confusion..pls help me frnds...

i had the same confusion initially too..but i finally went for mca after doing b.com

see it depends on ur interest.. both are good... mba has better prospects but if u r more interested in computers then go for mca..

hi, friends
You don't confuse first of all what r u think about itself. if u confused about your carrier. then don't worry If your interest in comuper science then go with MCA or, u can't interest in computer science the u can go with MBA. it you want to struggle with your life then I suggest u that you can absulitly go with MCA. Its a very interesting fields. you will thinking that why am i suggest only MCA after BCA because I m student of MCA 5th sem.

gaurav1989 Wrote:hi frnds,, i hav a confusion, i m currently pursuing BCA frm IP university , currently in 2nd year, i m confused wt to do after MCA or MBA , its big confusion..pls help me frnds...

Hey mate tell You one thing .. it all depends on the Coll which You will be in for mba/mca or whatever.. See mate mca was a course invented out of somewhere only for IT industry to makemake general graduates equivalent to Engineers as at that time there were now much Engineers and even if there were they demanded very heavy money which IT companies couldnt have paid at that time ..And MCA as it is only exists in few NIT's and one IIT if u consider the top Engineering colleges in India .. So basically any MCa has to depend on what ever IT companies visit for Engineers becoz neither the top Software Giants like Microsoft or Oracle etc allow MCA's to sit as freshers nor will ever any core company allow them and also offcourse MCA'a are idiots only as Infy also dont take them .. And as far as MBA colleges are concerend offcourse you cannot get thru any of the top 25 MBA colleges in Iindia as 90% of seats in those collesges are occupied by Engineers only .. And offcourse u cannot also dream to do M.tech as that you can only do after completing mca .. so better for mca in some coll will be better for you..

gaurav1989 Wrote:hi frnds,, i hav a confusion, i m currently pursuing BCA frm IP university , currently in 2nd year, i m confused wt to do after MCA or MBA , its big confusion..pls help me frnds...

Hi,
Good that you have started thinking about your post graduation plan in advance. I would brief you about benefits of an MBA first.
1) MBA will definitely help you improve the average salary you can draw provided that you do it from good college (and I am not referring not Top 25 colleges only)
2) If you are not really considering pursuing career in technical field MBA might help you make that transition. E.g. if you are interested in marketing then an MBA in marketing would place you in much better position for Marketing roles.
3) Networking with fellow students - This will definitely help you if you are targeting managerial positions in long term.

But MBA is not a cure-all solution. If you are interested in IT field and really passionate about it then MCA makes more sense. Remember that only even if you do an MCA, you will be still able to get into managerial positions in your career (though this might take a bit longer).

I would suggest that you should take up a job post BCA, just for a year or two. This will help you figure out your passion and accordingly decide if you need an MBA or MCA.

-Paresh

How is the course of Sikkim Manipal Uni..... MBA Banking & Finance, guys I require your opinion as I am very keen in joining this course. Do Banks accept this degree.

MBA is good option for you. IIIT pune is good to study and I am doing MBA over here. The campus is very nice and you can expect many companies coming for placements for more detail visit http://www.isquareit.ac.in/PROGRAMS/Prog...index.aspx

Both degrees provide good job opportunities. If you want to get into management then go for MBA but if you are a technologically inclined person, then go for MCA you just make sure one thing that you pursue either of these only from a reputed university. I was also a confused student like you last year.However, i was more confused about choosing university to pursue my masters. After a lot of research, i zeroed on UPES Dehradun. Currently, i am pursuing MBA in aviation management from there and i feel lucky to be part of it. UPES Dehradun is India’s First Energy University and also the first Private University to be recognized by UGC.It designs, develops and delivers cutting edge education and training programs for professionals in the Oil, Gas and Energy industry.

(10-15-2008, 01:11 PM)gaurav1989 Wrote: hi frnds,, i hav a confusion, i m currently pursuing BCA frm IP university , currently in 2nd year, i m confused wt to do after MCA or MBA , its big confusion..pls help me frnds...

hi deer im jyoti from dehradun.
call me: 8057599283,or 9917720051