Job opportunities after IATA
I completed IATA course, will it help me to fetch good job?

Travel management professionals in the private sector operate as either travel agents or work with tour operating agencies.

Travel Agents: The marketing and selling of tours to various destinations, domestic and foreign, is a task that is managed by travel agents. Basically, they act as travel retailers, who plan and sell trips to individuals and groups. With increasing domestic tourism in the country and the rising number of Indian urban consumers using the Internet, many Internet-based travel retailers, such % makemytrip.com and yatra.com, have also emerged. These on-line agents plan a customer's entire travel itinerary and also book tickets for a price.

Tour Operators: Tour operators deal in travel and destination management by putting together packaged holiday tours and selling them to consumers. Usually, a one-time payment is taken for a tour, and the operators then take care of the client's travel bookings, lodging, food and traveling intinerary.

Job opportunities can be had in the public sector also:

Department of Tourism: This government body is responsible for policy formulation regarding the country's tourism industry, and is headed by a Union minister.
Indian Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC): This is an autonomous body headed by die director general of tourism. The ITDC publishes and distributes promotional literature in I India, disseminates tourist related information, and also runs a network of ITDC hotels.

State Tourism Corporations: The promotion of tourist destinations specific to a particular state is the responsibility of that state's tourism corporation. The functioning and responsibilities of these organizations are similar to that of the ITDC, however limited to their state.

Although most big travel agencies do not make it mandatory for applicants to have a degree in travel and tourism management, it certainly does prove advantageous to have one. This is especially true of today, when the demand for qualified professionals in this field is very high. As such, those with degrees in travel and tourism management would definitely have an edge in availing the present and future opportunities that arise in the sector.