B.Ed in Urdu through distance education
I have been a primary school teacher in a Urdu school for the past four years. I have completed B.A. in the optionals of History, Economics and Sociology. I also have a TCH which has helped me to become a teacher. Would it be possible to pursue B.Ed in Urdu as first choice and English as second choice? My first preference would be through distance education. If not available, I would like to pursue the same in the campus mode. Please guide me in this regard.

There are many like you who have not probed the dynamics of the qualitative B.Ed programme either through the campus mode or Open and Distance Learning (ODL). You can pursue the campus mode by taking the admission test meant for entry into B.Ed that the Government of Karnataka Conducts. But for this, you will have to apply for leave and then pursue the programme. This, of course, will be in English. If the need arises, you could pursue the ODL B.Ed from Indira Gandhi National Open University CLGNOU) (www.ignou.acin) or Karnataka State Open University (KSOU).

The Maulana Azad National Urdu University (MANUU) (www.manuu.ac.in ), a Central University with a national character similar to IGNOU, offers the one year regular B.Ed programme in Urdu medium. However, the campus- based programme is offered in the headquarters located in Hyderabad.
MANUU has also launched the two-year B.Ed programme as a joint degree with IGNOU, which you can pursue. The programme is offered at Hyderabad, New Delhi, Lucknow, Bangalore, Bhopal and Patna.
The notification for the distance education programme will be made in due course, and you should take up the all-India entrance test and make yourself eligible. Not only will you have to pass the eligibility test, you should possess a minimum continuing service of two years. In your case, you have four years of service. Hence, you are eligible. You could opt for Bangalore as your study centre.

(10-27-2010, 02:43 PM)umma Wrote: I have been a primary school teacher in a Urdu school for the past four years. I have completed B.A. in the optionals of History, Economics and Sociology. I also have a TCH which has helped me to become a teacher. Would it be possible to pursue B.Ed in Urdu as first choice and English as second choice? My first preference would be through distance education. If not available, I would like to pursue the same in the campus mode. Please guide me in this regard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What should I do to overcome the distance education barrier in my career? rahulsingh2 2 3,075 02-17-2018, 02:24 PM
Last Post: pushpendra-25
  Distance education is good or not? austinlerwick123 37 26,652 02-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Teachwell785
  distance education nivethitha098@gmail.com 11 9,934 12-04-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: riyageorge
  PG Diploma in Geriatric Medicine through Distance Education Sri Venkateswara College 4 9,558 04-18-2015, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Uznu13
  B.tech distance education Sahuiikm 3 5,864 03-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Last Post: abaper.learner
  B Tech from distance education manojbtnl 12 77,549 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Last Post: sysadminiikm
  DIPLOMA IN AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING THROUGH DISTANCE EDUCATION Senk 0 5,901 11-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Senk
  MCA Distance Education College in Tamil Nadu sskcolleges 2 4,973 08-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Last Post: rahul_rathore
  To do PG diploma after distance education Madhav M 1 3,842 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Last Post: rms
  Any University Givining UGC approved B.Tech / BE in Distance Education ? mohini_varma 14 120,245 05-15-2013, 11:12 AM
Last Post: DEEPAK UPADHYAY