eligibility for iit jee
i passed class 12th with 53% .can i appear in iitjee 2011?if i m eligible for appearing in the exam then after qualifying exam .will ever i find any problem during counselling in regard of marks ? the aggregate %in pcm is 61.

ELIGIBILITY FOR JEE-2011
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2011:

Date of Birth
The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories should be on or after October 1, 1986. Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1981.

The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/ Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit along with the application, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, after October 1, 2009 or in the year 2010 or will be appearing in 2011.

Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE-2011.

The qualifying examinations (QE) are listed below:
i) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi; etc.

ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.

iii) Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.

iv) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.

v) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.

iv) Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

vii) H.S.C. vocational examination.

viii) Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.

ix) 3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.

You are eligible for IIT-JEE exams. IIT-JEE Exams appear on May 2012. Be ready for that. IIT-JEE Admissions totally depends upon Ranking. So, keep it up.