CEED Examination Eligibility, Is there any Age limit for appearing ?
Hello..

I am a degree holder in Interior design.. I am 22 now, I want to appear for CEED 2011, is there any age limit for applying ?

No Age limit for CEED Application, you can Apply BOL...

In my opinion , people keeping modifying the main topic of and I always came seeking effective information and always get these kinds of nonsense comments. Not cool

be or not to be, that is not the question

Anyone having any review about this college?

UPES-School of Design Studies, Dehradun is accepting applications for M.Des., B.Des. and BFA programs for the academic year 2014.

Programs on Offer
M.Des. Transportation Design
M.Des. Industrial Design
M.Des. Interior Design
M.Des. Product Design
B.Des. (Bachelor of Design)
B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)

M.Des Programs
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Programs are as follows;
• Minimum 50% marks in Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and B. Tech/B.E. in any discipline / B. Arch / BFA 4 years / B. Des / Interior Design / Applied Arts with minimum 50% marks.
• UPES DESIGN TEST (UPES –DAT), in case a candidate is not having a valid CEED 2014 Score.
• Presentation of portfolio followed by interview

Portfolio requirements:
• Drawing, sketching and rendering by hand using a variety of techniques and media including color markers and color pencils (10-15 pages)
• Digital work (software) – Drawing, sketching, and rendering using digital media, tools and techniques (2 dimensional, 3 dimensional)
• Physical Model / Prototype - fabrication / construction

B.Des Programs
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des. (Bachelor of Design) Programs are as follows;
Exam Pathways
1. Minimum 60% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
2. UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) + Design Test followed by Centralized Counseling

Non-Exam Pathways
Board Merit
Minimum 80% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).

OR

JEE Main Merit
1. Minimum 60% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
2. JEE Main cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of JEE Main 2014 results

BFA Programs
Eligibility Criteria for BFA (Bachelor of Fine Arts) Programs are as follows;
• Admissions through UPESDAT - 2014 (UPES Design Aptitude Test)
• Minimum 50% marks in class X, XII (any stream)

How to Apply: Any candidate, who has not yet applied for UPES Prospectus and Application form, can apply Online and Pay Online by credit card/ debit card or apply on the spot. Cost of Application form: Rs.1850 Online. Rs.1750 by hand/cash/ on-the-spot.

Campus: Dehradun
Email ID: vgupta@upes.ac.in

According to me, no age limit for applying CEED Exam.. You can apply and complete at any age.. Thank you..Smile

There is no age linit. You can apply for CEED any number of times. I started preparing for this with Afdindia and they have helped me a lot to prepare for this exam.

Examination Pattern
The exam covers three hours, including two parts: Part A and Part B.
Part A is a screening test of 50 multiple choices questions (MCQ) and includes the following categories: Visual Communication, Animation Designing, Product Designing, Automobile Designing, Architecture, Basic Designer Skills and GK. There is also negative marking.
Part B includes design and long type questions to examine drawing and creative skills of the candidate. To mention, Part B answers are evaluated only if the candidate has cleared Part A.
Admission in Design Schools
CEED results alone don’t guarantee you a seat in a reputed Design School in India. Along with the results, your creative design portfolio and your performance in practicals and interviews by respective colleges are also significant. The below mentioned reputed design institutes take CEED results as major selection criteria.
Institute Programme Specialization
IISc, Bangalore M.Des Product Design, and Engineering
IIT Bombay M.Des Industrial Design
Visual Communication
Animation
Interaction Design
Mobility and Vehicle Design
IIT Delhi M.Des Industrial Design
IIT Guwahati M.Des Design
IIT Hyderabad M.Des Visual Design
IIT Kanpur M.Des Design

Preparations for CEED
Owing to very tough competition and fewer seats in above-mentioned institutes, you need to prepare with heart and soul. With no specific textbook and guide, the preparation becomes very difficult. Yet, if you think you have exceptional sketching and visualization skills then you could follow the below-mentioned steps to prepare for CEED.
  • Join a Design and Sketching course to improve your skills and get an impressive portfolioSee question papers of previous exams and get some idea on what kind of questions you could come across.Join communities for designs and follow famous designers on social media like Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.Always be curious for new designs, doodle and sketch intensely, brush up your skillet and remain creative.
Remember to keep a watch for CEED 2018, the dates will be announced sooner as online notifications will be available in the month of October.

CEED 2011 had an age limit of 30 years for general category candidates and 33 years for SC/ST/PwD category candidates. As you are 22, you are within the age limit and eligible to apply for the exam.