NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 3- Problem solutions & explanation videos
Watch the textual problem solutions and explanation videos of  CBSE NCERT Class X Maths textbook chapter 3- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables.

This free video class will help you to get a detailed indepth knowledge of the chapter.

Class is taken by Smt. Radhika Polina.

Class 1 - Introduction to Linear Equations, Types and Examples

Watch class Video in Youtube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-2|

In this video exercise 3.1 all three verbal problems is done with graphs.

This video explains the below problems:

1. Aftab tells his daughter, “Seven years ago, I was seven times as old as you were then. Also, three years from now, I shall be three times as old as you will be.” (Isn’t this interesting?) Represent this situation algebraically and graphically.

2. The coach of a cricket team buys 3 bats and 6 balls for Rs 3900. Later, she buys another bat and 2 more balls of the same kind for Rs 1300. Represent this situation algebraically and geometrically.

3. The cost of 2 kg of apples and 1kg of grapes on a day was found to be Rs 160. After a month, the cost of 4 kg of apples and 2 kg of grapes is Rs 300. Represent the situation algebraically and geometrically

Watch Class in Youtube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-3|

This video explains the below problems:

1. Form the pair of linear equations in the following problems, and find their solutions graphically.

(i) 10 students of Class X took part in a Mathematics quiz. If the number of girls is 4 more than the number of boys, find the number of boys and girls who took part in the quiz.

(ii) 5 pencils and 7 pens together cost Rs 50, whereas 7 pencils and 5 pens together cost Rs 46. Find the cost of one pencil and that of one pen.

Watch class in YouTube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-4

Solution to the problem 3.2 question 3

On comparing the ratio, (a1/a2) , (b1/b2) , (c1/c2) find out whether the following pair of linear equations are consistent, or inconsistent.

(i) 3x + 2y = 5 ; 2x – 3y = 7

(ii) 2x – 3y = 8 ; 4x – 6y = 9

(iii)(3/2)x+(5/3)y = 7; 9x – 10y = 14

(iv) 5x – 3y = 11 ; – 10x + 6y = –22

(v)(4/3)x+2y = 8 ; 2x + 3y = 12

Watch the class in YouTube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-5|

In this video the solutions to the problems Ex-3.2 Problems(5,6 & 7) are handled..

5. Half the perimeter of a rectangular garden, whose length is 4 m more than its width, is 36 m. Find the dimensions of the garden.

6. Given the linear equation 2x + 3y – 8 = 0, write another linear equation in two variables such that the geometrical representation of the pair so formed is:
(i) intersecting lines (ii) parallel lines (iii) coincident lines

7. Draw the graphs of the equations x – y + 1 = 0 and 3x + 2y – 12 = 0. Determine the coordinates of the vertices of the triangle formed by these lines and the x-axis, and shade the triangular region

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-6|

This class explains the solutions to Exercise 3.3 Page: 53

Solve the following pair of linear equations by the substitution method
(i) x + y = 14
x – y = 4

(ii) s – t = 3
(s/3) + (t/2) = 6

(iii) 3x – y = 3
9x – 3y = 9

(iv) 0.2x + 0.3y = 1.3
0.4x + 0.5y = 2.3

(v) √2 x+√3 y = 0
√3 x-√8 y = 0

(vi) (3x/2) – (5y/3) = -2
(x/3) + (y/2) = (13/6)

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-7|

In this class teacher explains solutions to Exercise 3.3|Problems 2,3(ii,iii)

2. Solve 2x + 3y = 11 and 2x – 4y = – 24 and hence find the value of ‘m’ for which y = mx + 3.

3. Form the pair of linear equations for the following problems and find their solution by substitution method.
(ii) The larger of two supplementary angles exceeds the smaller by 18 degrees. Find them. (iii) The coach of a cricket team buys 7 bats and 6 balls for Rs 3800. Later, she buys 3 bats and 5 balls for Rs 1750. Find the cost of each bat and each ball.

Watch the Class in YouTube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-8| 

This Video explains solutions to the problems 2,3(iv,v & vi)

(iv) The taxi charges in a city consist of a fixed charge together with the charge for the distance covered. For a distance of 10 km, the charge paid is Rs 105 and for a journey of 15 km, the charge paid is Rs 155. What are the fixed charges and the charge per km? How much does a person have to pay for travelling a distance of 25 km?

(v) A fraction becomes 9 11 , if 2 is added to both the numerator and the denominator. If, 3 is added to both the numerator and the denominator it becomes 5 6 . Find the fraction.

(vi) Five years hence, the age of Jacob will be three times that of his son. Five years ago, Jacob’s age was seven times that of his son. What are their present ages?

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-9|

In this class Teacher takes Exercises Ex-3.3(3(i)),Ex-3.4|Problems 1(i,ii& iii)

(i) The difference between two numbers is 26 and one number is three times the other. Find them.

Solve the following pair of linear equations by the elimination method and the substitution method:
(i) x + y = 5 and 2x – 3y = 4
(ii) 3x + 4y = 10 and 2x – 2y = 2
(iii) 3x – 5y – 4 = 0 and 9x = 2y + 7

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-10|

Watch this video class to get explanations for the following problems

2. Form the pair of linear equations in the following problems, and find their solutions (if they exist) by the elimination method :
(i) If we add 1 to the numerator and subtract 1 from the denominator, a fraction reducesto 1. It becomes 1 2 if we only add 1 to the denominator. What is the fraction?
(ii) Five years ago, Nuri was thrice as old as Sonu. Ten years later, Nuri will be twice as old as Sonu. How old are Nuri and Sonu?

Click the link below to view the class

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5DHSBrR6N4

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-11|

See the class to get solutions for the following problems in textbook

(iii) The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 9. Also, nine times this number is twice the number obtained by reversing the order of the digits. Find the number.

(iv) Meena went to a bank to withdraw Rs 2000. She asked the cashier to give her Rs 50 and Rs 100 notes only. Meena got 25 notes in all. Find how many notes of Rs 50 and Rs 100 she received.

(v) A lending library has a fixed charge for the first three days and an additional charge for each day thereafter. Saritha paid Rs 27 for a book kept for seven days, while Susy paid Rs 21 for the book she kept for five days. Find the fixed charge and the charge for each extra day.

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-12| 

The class explains the solutions for the following problems Exercise 3.5|Problems(1 &2)

1. Which of the following pairs of linear equations has unique solution, no solution, or infinitely many solutions. In case there is a unique solution, find it by using cross multiplication method.
(i) x – 3y – 3 = 0 and 3x – 9y – 2 = 0
(ii) 2x + y = 5 and 3x + 2y = 8
(iii) 3x – 5y = 20 and 6x – 10y = 40
(iv) x – 3y – 7 = 0 and 3x – 3y – 15 = 0

Watch the class on YouTube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-13| 

This class explains solutions for the problems Exercise 3.5|Problems(3 & 4(i,ii))

3. Solve the following pair of linear equations by the substitution and cross-multiplication methods:
8x + 5y = 9
3x + 2y = 4

4. Form the pair of linear equations in the following problems and find their solutions (if they exist) by any algebraic method:

(i) A part of monthly hostel charges is fixed and the remaining depends on the number of days one has taken food in the mess. When a student A takes food for 20 days she has to pay Rs.1000 as hostel charges whereas a student B, who takes food for 26 days, pays Rs.1180 as hostel charges. Find the fixed charges and the cost of food per day.

(ii) A fraction becomes 1/3 when 1 is subtracted from the numerator and it becomes 1/4 when 8 is added to its denominator. Find the fraction.

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-14|

In this class the Exercises [color= var(--ytd-video-primary-info-renderer-title-color, var(--yt-spec-text-primary))]E[/color]x- 3.5|Problems(4(iii,iv &v)) are discussed..

[b]i[/b]ii) Yash scored 40 marks in a test, getting 3 marks for each right answer and losing 1 mark for each wrong answer. Had 4 marks been awarded for each correct answer and 2 marks been deducted for each incorrect answer, then Yash would have scored 50 marks. How many questions were there in the test?

(iv) Places A and B are 100 km apart on a highway. One car starts from A and another from B at the same time. If the cars travel in the same direction at different speeds, they meet in 5 hours. If they travel towards each other, they meet in 1 hour. What are the speeds of the two cars?

(v) The area of a rectangle gets reduced by 9 square units, if its length is reduced by 5 units and breadth is increased by 3 units. If we increase the length by 3 units and the breadth by 2 units, the area increases by 67 square units. Find the dimensions of the rectangle.

To get the solutions watch the class on YouTube

Pair of Linear Equations in two variables| Part-15|

In this class solutions to Ex-3.6|Problems(1(i,ii,iii & iv) are discussed

1. Solve the following pairs of equations by reducing them to a pair of linear equations:
(i) 1/2x + 1/3y = 2
1/3x + 1/2y = 13/6

(ii) 2/√x + 3/√y = 2
4/√x + 9/√y = -1

(iii) 4/x + 3y = 14
3/x -4y = 23

(iv) 5/(x-1) + 1/(y-2) = 2
6/(x-1) – 3/(y-2) = 1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 7 Coordinate Geometry Solutions and Free online classes victers 5 3,652 12-12-2020, 12:40 AM
Last Post: victers
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 9 Problems Solutions and Free video classes victers 5 4,033 12-08-2020, 06:31 PM
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 8 Trigonometry Free video classes and solutions victers 10 5,672 11-26-2020, 01:09 PM
  NCERT Class 11 Maths Chapter 10 Constructions Problems Solutions and Free classes victers 4 3,409 11-26-2020, 08:59 AM
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 10 Circles Solutions Video Lessons text_book 5 4,093 11-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Last Post: text_book
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 5 Arithmetic Progression Solutions Video Lessons text_book 16 7,326 11-23-2020, 09:49 AM
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Triangles Chapter Problem Solutions & Video Lessons text_book 19 9,107 11-18-2020, 11:21 AM
  NCERT Class 10 Maths Chapter 15- Problem solutions & explanation videos text_book 4 3,509 10-26-2020, 12:32 AM