What are the necessary steps to get into an Australlian University
Hello..

I am a graduate, I would like to go to Australia for my PG studies, what are the necessary steps to get the admission ?

According to IDP australia, these are the steps to follow

1 Attend a counseling session

IDP counsellors will help you to make a decision based on your qualifications, work experience, the course you wish to undertake, the eligibility for the same, your budget and other preferences. Application forms and prospectus / brochures of the institutions that you wish to apply to are available at the IDP Office.

If you have not taken the mandatory IELTS test, you need to register for the test at IDP, prior to lodging your application.
2 Attend the visa seminar /individual assessment meeting.

IDP Counsellors will explain the pre visa procedure and assess if you meet the criteria of student visa
3 Submit your application & Receive a Letter of Offer.

If your application is successful, you will receive a Letter of Offer from the institution via IDP, which could be either Conditional (eg.subject to Final year results; IELTS score sheet; portfolio) or Unconditional.

Approximate Processing time for Steps 1 - 3 – from the date of applications

2 Weeks for UG

3 Weeks for PG (Coursework)

6 - 8 Weeks PG (Research)

1 Week TAFE/ Schools/ Colleges & Foundation Courses
4 Pay your tuition fee or deposit

Pay First semester Tuition fees (if you have an unconditional offer) or Deposit (if you have a conditional offer pending final results) and the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) by Telegraphic transfer or by an Australian Dollar Bank Draft. IDP will forward the draft/confirmation of TT along with acceptance of offer and request for eCOE to the institution. The institution will then authorise an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment ( eCOE ) , which not only confirms your admission but is also a receipt for fee paid.

eCoe (Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment) is issued by the institution by 1 - 3 Days

5 Submit an eVisa application.

The visa forms and the detailed list of supporting documents required could be collected from the IDP office. You will also need to produce an international credit card with the holder of the card authorizing IDP to debit the Visa Application Charge (A$430) pertaining to your visa application online.

E-Visa Processing time is 6- 12 weeks

6 Undergo medical exam.

Once your eVisa is lodged, IDP can download your medical forms and handover to you. You can then undergo a medical examination by a panel doctor approved by the AHC (there are 2 in Chennai for the whole state of Tamilnadu ).

Each online visa will be allocated a unique Transaction Reference Number , which you can use to query the status of your application online https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/inquiry/que...tion=eVisa

Appointment with doctor subject to availability If medical report is referred to the Health Assessment Service in Sydney , processing takes an additional one week .

7 Make Travel / Accommodation / Airport pick up Arrangements.

Purchase your air ticket, get the necessary foreign exchange and provide your flight details to the IDP counsellor, who can then arrange for accommodation and airport pickup on arrival in Australia ..

Minimum 3 working days prior notice essential

8 Attend Pre-departure Briefing.

This is the best orientation to life and study in Australia and an excellent opportunity to meet alumni, current students, your future classmates and also get to know what to expect when your arrive in Australia .

Pre-departure briefings are normally held in January and June each year .

DEADLINE

It is preferable to commence with your Application related procedures at least five months in advance of the intake.

The last date to submit an application for IPRS is normally 30th September of the previous year in most cases .

Hi mamta_nandakumar

I think that neethu has supplied you with pretty useful information for going abroad and after reading the comments I hope that you will have no queries in mind.
I will also like to thank neethu for providing such detailed information.
Good Luck.

Deposit and the compulsory Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) by Telegraphic transfer or by an Australian Dollar Bank Draft? how is that to some other side?

Before all that, I think first of all you must decide which PG program or course you wants to do and from which university. You need to collect all information regarding this also.

Hello Mamta,
You need some important documents for getting admission in Australia university. First you need IELTS course with good bands. You need all your educational documents and proper study visa.

I anticipate aboriginal of all you have to adjudge which PG affairs or advance you wants to do and from which university.

IDP counsellors will help you to make a decision based on your qualifications, work experience, the course you wish to undertake, the eligibility for the same, your budget and other preferences. Application forms and prospectus / brochures of the institutions that you wish to apply to are available at the IDP Office.

Hi mamta_nandakumar,

Well,I think that second commenter has supplied you with useful information knowledge for going abroad.My heartily wishes are with you always.All the best for your bright future there.

Thanks

I anticipate that neethu has supplied you with appealing advantageous advice for traveling away and afterwards account the comments I achievement that you will accept no queries in mind.

1: Plan your studies

Identify the program that best suits your academic needs and career goals. Consider the field of study, level of qualification, course duration, and where you want to study. Learn more about what to consider when choosing an Australian university, including details on Australia’s states and territories, or review profiles of the Australian universities.

2: Select a course or program of study

Select the program that best matches your study plan and preferred destination. IDP’s IDP Course search provides a comprehensive list of thousands of courses, programs and degrees offered at Australian institutions.

To select a particular study program, visit IDP’s comprehensive database of university programs in Australia. The search engine will ask you to input various criteria. The end result will produce a list of universities that match your specified requirements. Once you have identified a few programs of interest, feel free to contact an IDP counselor for free, unbiased advice on programs and study options in Australia. Your counselor will explain the best options for your career and personal goals.

3: Apply for admission to your selected program

Once you have selected a program of study your IDP counselor can forward you the appropriate paper application to your university of choice. Our counselors can offer assistance with applications, and the IDP office will serve as your point of contact in sending your applications to the Australian university.

Along with your application, you will also need to submit:

* Official certified copies of your high school, undergraduate or postgraduate transcripts.
* One or two letters of recommendation from a professor or professional colleague (recommended).
* A personal statement or essay outlining why you’d like to undertake your studies in Australia (optional).
* Certain academic disciplines and programs – such as medicine – require examinations prior to admission.

Please send all transcripts, letters of recommendation, and other documentation to include with your application to IDP's mailing address. If you have questions about the application process, please contact an IDP counselor.

4: Receive a Letter of Offer from your Australian University

Once your application has been accepted by an Australian university, you'll be issued a Letter of Offer. IDP will ensure you receive your letter, which often includes additional information about the course, orientation and start dates, as well as tuition fee information. IDP counselors are available to answer any questions you might have related to your offer.

5: Accept your offer

Once you accept your offer, generally the Australian university will require payment of at least one semester of program fees before issuing an Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE). The eCoE is the only accepted evidence of enrolment for processing student visa applications. You will need this eCoE to obtain a mandatory student visa.

After you’ve been accepted to an Australian university, you’ll need to make necessary preparations for travel – including passport, visa and health insurance.

6: Arrange health insurance

The Australian Government requires international students to take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) while studying in Australia. You must show evidence that you possess health cover before you can obtain a student visa. Your IDP counselor can help arrange this for you.

7: Complete your student visa application

All students coming into Australia must possess a valid student visa. In some instances, you may have to undergo a comprehensive medical examination before obtaining your student visa. Visa forms can be downloaded from the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA) website.

Learn more about the steps to obtaining a student visa . If you have any questions while filling out your visa form, please contact your IDP counselor for advice.

8: Make necessary pre-departure arrangements

Arrange your flights, find accommodation and pack your bags! IDP can assist with some of your pre-departure planning, as we have partnerships with discount student travel and accommodation providers.

Typically, your Australian university will send a pre-departure package that contains information about the items above, as well as details about your selected course, a listing important events that you should attend during the first weeks of study – such as “O” week, or orientation week – and information regarding your accommodation options.

9: Arrive in Australia

In many cases, your Australian university can arrange to meet you at the airport. The international office at your university will provide orientation, where you can learn more about the organization and meet your fellow classmates. The Australian universities will also provide ongoing support for the duration of your studies!

Hi ! Mamta ! I think you can get all relevent information from english language school[/url] who are serving international students to persue their various degree programs. Their services are very nice and remarkable too, my little brother availed their services, and he told me that they are superb in UK.