Exams for US nursing jobs
For practising as a nurse in USA,  which are the examinations need to be passed ?

you need to pass CGFNS, NCLEX-RN  examinations two parties of a nurse in USA please visit the following websites for details
www.cgfns.org
www.ncsbn.org
www.ets.org/toefl
www.ielts.org
www.nursesnet.com

Sir.. I passed B.SC nursing from mysore university... I want to get a job in Canada.. Can you help ?

(05-19-2018, 08:06 PM)poseeker Wrote: Sir.. I passed B.SC nursing from mysore university... I want to get a job in Canada.. Can you help ?

1. Please note that the healthcare industry in North America is growing diverse (culturally) by the day. That is, employers have begun to hire non-native caregivers and nurses. Therefore, healthcare has become a very competitive industry. You will need to demonstrate proficiency in English--both spoken and written. 
2. In addition, you will be expected to understand English as spoken by a native speaker. The challenge will be to understand their accents and inflections clearly. You can check whether the standard IELTS suffices for this. You may also be asked to take transcribing tests (not entirely sure about this).
3. It is also important for you to be familiar with the medical terminologies used in North America. Note that there is significant difference in the terminologies used in Canada and the US. I recommend reading textbooks studied by North American nursing students and professionals, especially in fields such as Healthcare Communication and Health & Nutrition. You can also practice transcribing audio files compiled by North American medical practitioners to get more used to their idioms and accents. Just google 'medical transcription tests' and you'll find a number of options.

Hope this helps! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bhopal Nursing College Post Basic BSc Nursing admissions 2018 prospectus nbm 0 2,318 09-07-2017, 03:03 PM
Last Post: nbm
  Are MBA jobs more comfortable than MCA jobs ? monika9 3 7,001 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Last Post: allensmith1