Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education
Sikkim Manipal University, Manipal invites Distance Education Programs now introduced New course MSc Telecom Technology through Distance Education.
Fees Rs. 10,450/- semester including exam fess (revisable)
Four semesters

Sikkim Manipal University
Directorate of Distance Education
Calender Year Course 2008
M.Sc. Telecom Technology

Semester I
1 Computer Basics
2 C & Object Oriented Programming
3 Basic Electronics for Telecommunications
4 Java Programming
5 Basic Principles of Networking

Semester II
1 Principles of Digital Telecommunications
2 Broadband Communications Networking
3 Wireless Communications Systems
4 Mathematics for Telecommunications
5 Database Management
6 Software Engineering

Semester III
1 Overview of Telecom Techonlogy
2 Switching and Transmission Fundamentals
3 New Generation Networks (Optical Base Networks)
4 Signalling System Seven
5 WML Scripts and WAP
6 Client Server Architecture

Semester IV
1 Voice over Internet Protocol
2 Geographical Information Systems
3 Artificial Intelligence and Remote Communications
4 Billing and Customer Care
5 Telecom Regulation, Market and Service
Project

Eligibility: 3 Years Graduation

Semester Fees : Rs 10,450 including exam fees or as revised from time to time.

Minimum Duration : 2 years

Maximum Duration: 4 years

Minimum counseling and learning experience will be performed at 160 hours.

Sem 1 & Sem 2 deals with Fundamentals of Telecom, Networking and IT. Sem 3 & Sem 4 deals with Core Telecom Subjects.

Hi,

very informative !
For MSC - TT, does it require AICTE approve ?
is is gonna be worth, if we do MSC TT in Manipal ?

Thanks,

Smile 
Hai,

I hereby attaching the sample prospectus i have downloaded from the website of sikkim manipal university.
If you want to know further details you have to visit the website please

http://www.smude.edu.in

Hi,
I am studying in Sikkim Manipal Kolkata through distance education mode.I am studying BCA here. Few days back i saw a ad on telegraph newspaper warning about universities including deemed to be universities imparting technical education through distance education mode. The warning says that such universities must be approved by the joint commitee of "UGC-AICTE-DEC". Is sikkim manipal approved by the joint commitee of "UGC-AICTE-DEC"?

Hai Lostsoul,

I have seen this university details in webpage http://www.smude.edu.in if you have any doubts contact university or visit the website.

The university website does not say anything about the joint approval of "UGC-AICTE-DEC" btw how to contact university? I have talked with one of persons in our university and he says that sikkim manipal kolkata is not approved by aicte but again here in this website
(http://www.smit.smu.edu.in/about_institute.php) it says that it is approved by aicte

Few months back i have seen ad in reputed newspaper about MSc Telecom Technology only and i have visited that website http://www.smude.edu.in, and put that course details only I have not know about other courses and approval status.

The Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences, Sikkim was set up based on State Legislative Act (Act IX of 1995) of Govt. of Sikkim and is recognized by Union Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission. Sikkim Manipal University’s Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates are recognized by all members of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with Degrees/ Diplomas/Certificates of all Indian Universities/ Deemed Universities/ Institutions vide UGC Circular No.FI-B/92(CPP) dated February 1992 & AIU Circular No. EV/B(449)/94/176915-177115 dated January, 1994.

helloo....
sikkim manipal is one of the best institute of india for the distance learning course.this institute offeres lot of proffessional courses to students and proffesionals.

hi
my name Sami i am foreign
please there many student worried and they looking for clear answer , we called university no clear answer , we talking about Sikkim manipal distance mode , not about Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences because we vocational and to much learning center is there two of my siblings study in Saudi Arabia and we saw in newspaper not approved by UGC .
we would like to know the truth , because if not approved by UGC indian external misitry will not do stamp for us .

hi i am sami
we all heard that from newspaper we upset and sad because we foreign s , its shame for universty open learning code in several country and they don't have even approval by UGC , just give us clear answer because two of my siblings student in Saudi and me in India and to many student don't want be victim of this

regard

hi
i am sami
we heard in newspaper that this university its not have approval by UGC and all we worried about our future , because two of my siblings also student in Saudi and me in India and so many foreign like me we don't want be victim of this ,and no one give us clear answer its is approved or not .
we would like if you can give us the answer and why did not disclose that its not approved in case its is not , because there is many learning center in USA and SAUDI and YEMEN and UAE .

so our exams soon and we really upset and tired of thinking give us the right answer even if it is against us but we want the truth

hi
i am sami
we heard in newspaper that this university its not have approval by UGC and all we worried about our future , because two of my siblings also student in Saudi and me in India and so many foreign like me we don't want be victim of this ,and no one give us clear answer its is approved or not .
we would like if you can give us the answer and why did not disclose that its not approved in case its is not , because there is many learning center in USA and SAUDI and YEMEN and UAE .

so our exams soon and we really upset and tired of thinking give us the right answer even if it is against us but we want the truth

Whosoever is ignorant about this and is still answering without knowing the facts..
First of all, the news about Sikkim Manipal University Flashed on News questioning its recognition was false and the News Channel offered written apology to the University...

FOLLOW REST OF THE INFORMATION WITH COMPLETE APPROVAL DOCUMENTS HERE>>>

Sikkim Manipal University Distance Education Recognition documents

I HOPE IT WILL CLEAR YOUR BRAINS

This information is from the following link of the university website>>

http://www.smude.edu.in/FAQs/Pages/AboutUniversity.aspx

4.Is the SMU recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)?

Yes, the SMU is recognized by the UGC under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956, vide its letter no. F.9-7/96(CPP-I) dated 9 December, 1998.

5.Is the SMU recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC)?

Yes, the SMU is recognized by the DEC to offer Distance Education across the country and abroad for the next three academic years i.e. till 2012 vide their letter No F.No. DEC/2010/672 dated 24.05.2010.

6.Are the SMU Distance Education Programs/Courses approved by the DEC?

Yes, all programs/courses offered by the SMU in Distance Mode have been approved by the DEC vide letter No.DEC/Recog/2009/4250 dated 06.11.2009.

7.Are the SMU Distance Education Programs/Courses approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)?

The SMU being a University (duly recognized by the UGC) is authorized to start and conduct new programmes/courses, without obtaining prior approval of the AICTE. However, for the purpose of ensuring coordinated and integrated development of technical education, and maintenance of standards, the AICTE may cause an inspection and render advise.

8.Is the SMU recognized by the UGC-AICTE- DEC Joint Committee?

Yes, the Joint Committee (UGC-AICTE-DEC) inspected the SMU facilities at Gangtok and Manipal and made a few advisory recommendations. These recommendations have been fully complied with. Resultantly, the SMU has been granted recognition and approval to conduct Distance Education Programmes/Courses till the Academic Year 2012.

9.Is the SMU a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)?

Yes, the SMU is a member of the AIU and is duly listed at Serial No. 240 on Page No. 30 in the latest AIU booklet.

10.Is the SMU recognized abroad?

Yes, the SMU is a member of Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), UK.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Application form for Alagappa University distance BBA admissions 2013 nitinps 2 5,278 04-22-2020, 10:04 AM
Last Post: insurancemarket
  Madras University distance PG Application form 2013 Mukund C Dev 1 7,235 08-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Last Post: nbm
  Calicut University Distance BCom application form 2013 Poornima menon 1 5,103 07-23-2013, 09:23 AM
  Calicut University Distance Bcom online application form Greeshma J 1 9,460 06-13-2013, 11:35 AM
  Application form for MA at Sikkim University Lipong Prada 1 4,603 05-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Last Post: bijumk