Eligibility for the psu's recruitment by changing the branch through GATE & IES EXAM
i'm in 3rd year avionics (elctronics &electrical ) branch i want to apply for gate and mainly for the psu jobs , if give the gate exam in electrical am i eligible for the psu's recriutment if i cleared the exam under EE branch or will they ask for the full time EE course ,i was a bit in confusion with this . so plz if any one of you could help me in this thanks in advance

GATE examination does not pose any restriction, so you an ECE student can give the EEE paper or even CS/IT gate paper*
Whereas generally PSU's want the student to have EE degree if they are applying for the post of an EE engineer. Please check which detailed advertisement of the PSU you're interested in. (Ex: At times PSU's have an opening for Instrumentation engineers and ECE students aren't eligible. Only E&I or I&C are allowed )

*At times certain MTech programs also put restriction on the degree eligibility please check each program for its eligibility

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APP recruitment eligibility shaileshraj 1 3,247 09-26-2013, 04:13 PM
Last Post: admin