Can I go on for research?
I am new to the forum and came with a question.

I am interested in doing research(mathematics and theoretical physics and maybe deviate later).
Now in 11th std,had taken comp-maths course.

But some of my friends informed me that I had to take up bio-maths,its been 3 months after the class started.I don't really want to learn bilology for researching on my above subjects.

Is that true that I had to take biology?Don't I have other options?

(07-31-2013, 11:05 PM)naukri Wrote: I am doing M.Sc Chemistry to become Junior Research Fellow(JRF) which has wide opening in Government Labs like CSIR etc.

But can I opt for research learning comp-maths?Thats my question?

Please help.

but i am asking if comp-maths students can also gofor research

PLEASE HELP

(08-01-2013, 05:39 PM)THE GREAT THINKER Wrote: but i am asking if comp-maths students can also gofor research

PLEASE HELP

A simple search like "Jrf maths recruitment" on google led me to this JRF job opening for math candidates in IIT Gadhinagar iitgn.ac.in/pdf/jrf/AD-JRF-Math.pdf

So there are opportunities for mathematics candidates in the field of research. Jobs are also listed for "jrf computer recruitment" in various research labs and institutes.

I advice you to go with your interest.if you are interested in doing research in Maths and physics ...than you have chosen the write course...

Cheers.

Depends on your personal interest you want to become researcher or something else

Yes, you can go definitely go for research if you are interested in it. Since,. You are just in 11th now then I think you can do honors in either maths or theoretical physics in the final year. I mean get you bachelor’s degree in one of the above subjects.

Yes, you can go definitely go for research if you are interested in it. Since,. You are just in 11th now then I think you can do honors in either maths or theoretical physics in the final year. I mean get you bachelor’s degree in one of the above subjects.

First analyse your career path to determine the right choice of subjects. You can probably enquire it with a career counsellor to determine the right one.

Yes, you can definitely go for research in mathematics and theoretical physics. If biology doesnt interest you then change the preference of subjects according to your choice. I don't think now it will be possible for you to change the subjects but in 12th may be you can try for changing it. In fact in the final year of graduation you will have a chance to choose subject which you like.

Biotechnology would prove the best field for you.