Eligibility to apply for M.Des at NIFT
I am not a B.Des. Holder.I completed BA. Can I apply for M.Des (Master in Design) at NIFT (National Institute od Fashion Technology)?

Undergraduate Degree from any institute / university recognised by law in India or Diploma in UG Design from NIFT / NID only, are eligible to apply for M.Des at NIFT.

(11-17-2012, 09:21 AM)nbm Wrote: Undergraduate Degree from any institute / university recognised by law in India or Diploma in UG Design from NIFT / NID only, are eligible to apply for M.Des at NIFT.

M.Des in Industrial Design is a course that will empower you to gain in-depth knowledge about designing consumer centric products and systems for varied industries. The objective of this program is to give the right direction to you aesthetic skills so that they can be combined with a technical perspective to produce effective and professional design solutions.

However if you can't make to NIFT and NID, here's an option for you!

UPES-School of Design Studies, Dehradun is accepting applications for M.Des., B.Des. and BFA programs for the academic year 2014.

Programs on Offer
M.Des. Transportation Design
M.Des. Industrial Design
M.Des. Interior Design
M.Des. Product Design
B.Des. (Bachelor of Design)
B.F.A. (Bachelor of Fine Arts)

M.Des Programs
Eligibility Criteria for M.Des Programs are as follows;
• Minimum 50% marks in Higher & Senior Secondary level (10th & 12th) and B. Tech/B.E. in any discipline / B. Arch / BFA 4 years / B. Des / Interior Design / Applied Arts with minimum 50% marks.
• UPES DESIGN TEST (UPES –DAT), in case a candidate is not having a valid CEED 2014 Score.
• Presentation of portfolio followed by interview

Portfolio requirements:
• Drawing, sketching and rendering by hand using a variety of techniques and media including color markers and color pencils (10-15 pages)
• Digital work (software) – Drawing, sketching, and rendering using digital media, tools and techniques (2 dimensional, 3 dimensional)
• Physical Model / Prototype - fabrication / construction

B.Des Programs
Eligibility Criteria for B.Des. (Bachelor of Design) Programs are as follows;
Exam Pathways
1. Minimum 60% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
2. UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) + Design Test followed by Centralized Counseling

Non-Exam Pathways
Board Merit
Minimum 80% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).

OR

JEE Main Merit
1. Minimum 60% marks in class X, XII and XII PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths).
2. JEE Main cut-off Rank to be announced (on UPES website) after the declaration of JEE Main 2014 results

How to Apply: Any candidate, who has not yet applied for UPES Prospectus and Application form, can apply Online and Pay Online by credit card/ debit card or apply on the spot. Cost of Application form: Rs.1850 Online. Rs.1750 by hand/cash/ on-the-spot.

Campus: Dehradun

Enrollments Office
PHDCCI, 3rd Floor, PHD House
4/2, Institutional Area, August Kranti Marg, Khel Gaon,
New Delhi-1100016
Mobile No.09891770008
Email ID: vgupta@upes.ac.in

Thanks for sharing this valuable information. I will interested in M.Des. Interior Design. Could you please provide me the further information on this ?

I have done graduation in Bsc medical can i apply for mdes??

B.tech completed

Designers can apply

Graduate can apply?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eligibility to apply for NEST 2018 chintuss 1 2,498 02-15-2018, 12:59 PM
Last Post: stevesmiths
  Navodaya Entrance 2018- Eligibility to Apply navodaya1 1 2,320 10-16-2017, 12:54 AM
Last Post: navodaya1
  Eligibility to apply for Pre-Matric Scholarship for minority group laji 1 2,730 07-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Last Post: nbm
  Eligibility to apply for NEST 2015 abhiman 3 4,299 01-03-2015, 06:39 PM
Last Post: narensharma
  Eligibility to apply to Indian Navy as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA) moosatp 1 5,882 12-15-2013, 10:19 AM
  Eligibility to apply for Advanced Diploma in Automotive Mechatronics Karan jish 3 6,593 09-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Last Post: reshu malaviya
  Eligibility to apply for Part time MBA at Osmania University kdevika 1 4,041 08-24-2013, 02:39 PM
  Eligibility to apply for PG programme in Cinema at SRFTI kdevika 1 3,766 07-31-2013, 09:43 AM
  Eligibility to apply for BS-MS dual degree at IISER luttu 1 5,001 06-16-2013, 09:22 AM
Last Post: moosatp
  Eligibility to apply for Kerala SET 2013 Hitler PG 3 9,369 06-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Last Post: dhanya sureshbabu