Universites of India
(09-18-2012, 01:09 AM)mrjohn12 Wrote: Hi , I am studying in journalism and I am just about to complete my graduation . Now I want to go to Germany to do post graduation . I am studying on journalism . And If there any opportunity for us in India then I will not go to Germany . Please help me to figure this out .

Hello friends,

Established in 1780, India's mass media industry is among the oldest in the world. According to World Association of Newspaper 2008 research figures, Indian newspapers bring news to 99 million subscribers. Internet World Stats pegs the number of Internet subscribers in India at 81 million. In terms of broadcasting, India has 1,400 TV stations. An industry of this size always needs practitioners, and students can enter many Indian colleges offering studies in mass communication.

The Asian College of Journalism in Chennai aims to turn students into outstanding journalists with wide knowledge, integrity and commitment for social action. The ACJ develops linkages with first class universities like Cardiff University in Wales. Students can choose from four mass media specializations: print, television, new media and radio. Core courses reflect the training needs of today's journalists, such as courses regarding the tools of journalism, media perspectives, key issues and media law and society. TV students also have opportunities to study a course developed by the British Broadcasting Company.

Not funded by any communications company, the Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media stands independent of the influence of mass media entities in India. This allows the school the opportunity to create wider networks within the country. Using a curriculum co-developed with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism of New York, IIJNM offers six disciplines: newspaper, magazine, multimedia, new media, television and radio journalism. Students face deadlines to simulate the intense work schedule of journalists. Teachers, themselves working journalists, serve as editors who workshop students' submitted material.

Thanks and Regards
Calvin Brave

Messages In This Thread
Universites of India - by mrjohn12 - 09-18-2012, 01:09 AM
RE: Universites of India - by Calvin Brave - 12-25-2012, 01:33 PM
RE: Universites of India - by Kaatte - 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Universites of India - by safiajen0055 - 02-12-2013, 04:49 PM
RE: Universites of India - by PhilipRose - 12-09-2014, 02:53 PM
RE: Universites of India - by journalistabid - 01-20-2015, 03:41 PM
RE: Universites of India - by marcusnicholas - 02-11-2015, 10:16 AM
RE: Universites of India - by johnweb159 - 03-11-2016, 02:08 PM
RE: Universites of India - by Meetuniversity - 03-15-2016, 09:28 AM