Universites of India
Hi , I am studying in journalism and I am just about to complete my graduation . Now I want to go to Germany to do post graduation . I am studying on journalism . And If there any opportunity for us in India then I will not go to Germany . Please help me to figure this out .

(09-18-2012, 01:09 AM)mrjohn12 Wrote: Hi , I am studying in journalism and I am just about to complete my graduation . Now I want to go to Germany to do post graduation . I am studying on journalism . And If there any opportunity for us in India then I will not go to Germany . Please help me to figure this out .

Hello friends,

Established in 1780, India's mass media industry is among the oldest in the world. According to World Association of Newspaper 2008 research figures, Indian newspapers bring news to 99 million subscribers. Internet World Stats pegs the number of Internet subscribers in India at 81 million. In terms of broadcasting, India has 1,400 TV stations. An industry of this size always needs practitioners, and students can enter many Indian colleges offering studies in mass communication.

The Asian College of Journalism in Chennai aims to turn students into outstanding journalists with wide knowledge, integrity and commitment for social action. The ACJ develops linkages with first class universities like Cardiff University in Wales. Students can choose from four mass media specializations: print, television, new media and radio. Core courses reflect the training needs of today's journalists, such as courses regarding the tools of journalism, media perspectives, key issues and media law and society. TV students also have opportunities to study a course developed by the British Broadcasting Company.

Not funded by any communications company, the Indian Institute of Journalism and New Media stands independent of the influence of mass media entities in India. This allows the school the opportunity to create wider networks within the country. Using a curriculum co-developed with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism of New York, IIJNM offers six disciplines: newspaper, magazine, multimedia, new media, television and radio journalism. Students face deadlines to simulate the intense work schedule of journalists. Teachers, themselves working journalists, serve as editors who workshop students' submitted material.

Thanks and Regards
Calvin Brave

hello,
Journalism is a good and established field there are few but good colleges for media and journalism in india, indian institute of mass communication and xavier institute all are reputed colleges you can search in google then you can find many good colleges

(09-18-2012, 01:09 AM)mrjohn12 Wrote: Hi , I am studying in journalism and I am just about to complete my graduation . Now I want to go to Germany to do post graduation . I am studying on journalism . And If there any opportunity for us in India then I will not go to Germany . Please help me to figure this out .

There are lot of best engineering colleges in india where you can do journalism & it's a great field..You can try in following colleges:

1. AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi-110 025.
2. Algappa University, Algappa Nagar, Karaikudi-623 004, Tamil Nadu.
3. Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh-202 002.
4. Amity School of Journalism and Communication, Amity Campus, Saket, New Delhi (details from: AKC House, E-27, Defence Colony, New Delhi- 110 024).
5. Annamalai University, Annamalainagar-608 002.

Hey, since journalism is in the nascent stage as compared to others, so you won’t find any highly recognized colleges or universities in India. So unless you are ready and flexible enough to go ahead with MBA which is according one of the best and highly demanded stream in today’s, world you can find some amazing options to vouch for. Also there are many similar topics related to journalism covered in MBA which will act as an advantage for you to take your career one step further. Colleges such as St. Xaviers, Glocal University, and many such similar ones provide some of the best educational offerings.

it is misconception that mass communication students can just join the media. dear there are many other fields there mass media students can serve. Public Relation, Advertising, writing for the web etc. I've completed my mass communication degree four years ago and I've failed to get job in any media.
Then I've join the IT field and I've came to know that this is the best field for the mass communication students if they have little bit knowledge and interest of IT

Universites of India India has both public and private universities. The public universities are supported by the Indian government and the state governments. The private universities are generally supported by different organization, groups and societies.

Top Universities in India

Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Aligarh Muslim University Alumni Page
Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University
Allahabad University
Alagappa University
Annamalai University
College of Engineering, Andhra University
Alagappa Chettiar College Of Engineering and Technology
Anna University
Annamalai University

Check Top 10 Universities In India :-

1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
3. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
4. Indian Institute of Science
5. University of Delhi
6. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
7. Anna University
8. Manipal University
9.Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
10. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela

(03-15-2016, 09:28 AM)Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the top 10 university in IndiaMeetuniversity Wrote: Check Top 10 Universities In India :-

1. Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
2. Indian Institute of Technology Madras
3.  Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
4. Indian Institute of Science
5. University of Delhi
6. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
7. Anna University
8. Manipal University
9.Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
10. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela