How to apply for work permit in Canada as a student?
I am going to Canada for higher studies. Together with my studies I wish to work there. How should the application be done to get the work permission?

You can download and print the application kit you need
The application you need is called IMM 5580 (Applying for a Work Permit Student Guide).

Read the guide carefully before you complete the application form. Photocopy the blank forms and use one as a working copy. Keep the working copy for your records.
Complete the application form and attach the necessary documents: The application form contains instructions. Read those instructions and be sure to provide the required documents. If information or documents are missing, your application may be delayed. The Document Checklist in the application kit will tell you what documents to include.
Answer all questions carefully, completely and truthfully. Answers can be typed or handwritten (print clearly in black ink). Incomplete applications will not be processed, but will be returned to you. This will delay the application process. There is no processing fee for this work permit.
Mail the application form and documents: The application kit contains the mailing address where you must send your application.

(06-15-2012, 03:36 PM)Devendranath Wrote: I am going to Canada for higher studies. Together with my studies I wish to work there. How should the application be done to get the work permission?

If you are one of the thre most renown persons in your field, in the world, you can get it in weeks.
There really are no “work permits” for regular workers from other countries. Canada has a great educational system, a healthy and vibrant job market, there is really no need to hire persons who are not already living nearby.
Companies cannot hire from afar. Every employee in Canada must have a valid visa. Contrary to other countries, there are VERY FEW illegal workers here, our taxation and employee registration systems makes that almost impossible.
Sure, there are temporary permits for seasonal workers, there are many farm-workers who come to help with the harvest, but they can NEVER stay more than six months and CANNOT change jobs.
There is really only ONE way to come to Canada to work. IMMIGRATE
Canada welcomes young and bright immigrants. Everyone in the whole world who wants to come to Canada MUST START here. It takes about 15 min to find out how to apply, for some the route takes nine months, but for most it’s a three to five YEAR process.
Be patient.
Do you want to come to Canada, or extend your stay?

A work permit for Canada is given to an individual who is not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, yet wishes to work here. It is a mandatory work permit, irrespective of whether the employer lives in Canada or not. The validity is only for a specific time duration and for a specified job only. This means that a single work permit is applicable only for the intended work. If you want to switch jobs, you need to apply for a new permit again.

Canada Work Permit Process:

This is a two-fold process. In the first level, a Canadian employer must receive approval from the Canadian government to hire foreign workers. At the second stage, on being granted permission, the designated employees should apply for receiving a work permit.

Canada Work Permit Requirements:

At the time of applying for the Canada work permit, you need to meet certain requirements in order to get the work permit for Canada. These are:-

Your intention of leaving the country after the lapse of the work permit
Should be self-sufficient enough to support yourself and your family during your stay here
Should not be having a criminal background
Must meet the health requirements
Canada Work Permit Application

This work permit application requires verification from the Canadian labor market. This is known as the Labor Market Opinion (LMO). On getting a positive LMO, an individual can apply for a work permit. However, there are some categories which do not require this approval like NAFTA and Post-Graduate Work Permits as well as Intra-Company Transfers.

wow, it is cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can I work in Canada while doing a part time course? munina 5 6,911 07-18-2020, 09:29 AM
Last Post: tonyburgos
  Eligibility to apply for BBA in Canada Krishna.Raj 2 8,108 02-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Sampada Sharma
Smile Permit Work Option after completing studies krishnaCon 1 3,539 01-23-2015, 04:58 PM
Last Post: rebeccafrank
  Need for work permit to do part time job in Canada with studies jamsheedp 2 6,050 06-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Last Post: rogertaylorlive
  Convert student visa to work visa after studies in Germany Beena Jose 1 6,952 09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Last Post: luttu
  Documents needed to apply for student visa to Germany Hakeem J5 1 4,343 09-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: nbm
  To apply for education loan in Canada Jackson_ooo 1 3,651 06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
  Criteria to apply for Ontario Graduate Scholarship to study in Canada Jancy J 1 4,229 06-28-2012, 03:03 PM
  Things to be remembered by a student while applying for work permit in Canada kdevika 1 3,589 06-16-2012, 08:19 AM
  Age limit to apply for Commonwealth Scholarship to study in Canada Devendranath 1 4,416 06-16-2012, 08:19 AM