Scholarship Scheme for CBSE & AISSCE XII Passed Students

The Ministry of Human Resources Development, Department of Higher Education , Government of India has introduced a scholarship scheme from the year 2008 titled Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students” with the objective to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from low-income families to meet day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.

The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of the results of All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE), (Class XII) 2009.

The total number of scholarships will be divided amongst the State Boards based on the State’s population in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating share of CBSE and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. The number of scholarships allotted to a Board would be distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams of the Board in the ratio of 3:2:1.

The scholarships will be given @ Rs.1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.2000/- per month at Post Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs2000/- per month in the 4th & 5th year. The scholarships would be paid for 10 months in an academic year.

Eligibility conditions for award of scholarship are as follows:

• The scholarship shall be awarded to the Indian Nationals only.
  • The student should have scored a minimum of 80% of marks in the All India Senior School Certificate Examination (AISSCE), 2009 conducted by the CBSE.
  • The Undergraduate /Professional /Degree courses are pursued as regular courses, (not correspondence or distance mode) in recognised educational institutions in India and not availing of any other scholarship scheme. The scheme is applicable to all categories of students both ‘general’ and ‘reserved’.
  • The student should belong to non-creamy layer. Income ceiling for ‘non –creamy layer’ is 4.5 Lakhs per annum.
  • The reservation of various categories are: SC 15% , ST 7.5%, OBC 27% and horizontally 3% for Physically Handicapped.

The detailed guidelines along with the application form regarding “Scheme of Scholarship” and “Instructions for CBSE Candidates” of this scholarship scheme may be seen in the Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in or MHRD’s website www.education.nic.in

The CBSE students who fulfill the eligibility conditions are requested to send their application in an envelope superscribing “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students-2009” duly complete in all respect, immediately to Deputy Secretary (Admn. & Vigilance), Scholarship Unit, Central Board of Secondary Education, 2 Shiksha Kendra, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092.

313 Comments

1. shivani patankar says:

I scored 95% marks in 12th cbse.I belongs to genral category. Will I be able to own scholarship.
    please reply me on email id.

2. Aman Bhargava says:

Sir/Madam,
    I am in general category and i have got 91.2%in cbse boards exam this year ,and 92.3 aggregate percentage in PCM.
    And would pursue BE course this year from one of the NIT’s so I want to know how can i avail this scholarship’s and others too.

please reply as soon as possible on my mail id.

3. vaibhav muke says:

I passed 12 in 2014 with 95% in arts faculty .can i apply for any scholarship please send me details
    Contact no.:8408983199

4. PUJA KESHRI says:

Sir I scored 84.8 % marks from science stream.i have joined IGNOU for my gradutation studies.Can I avail any scholarship please. I NEED IT VERY MUCH.

5. Adeel khan says:

Sir I scored 94.6% in CBSE board 2014 can I get any scholarship !!! If yes then please contact me soon!!!

6. kajal jain says:

i have scored 91.2% in aissce XII exams 2014.am i eligible for any scholarship? if any.pls mail it.any scholarship for minority ?thank you!!!

7. Subham Patwari says:

I passed class 12th board in the year 2013 and scored 85%.
    Can i get scholarship this year??
    Last year i wasn’t knowing about this scholarship.

8. Vaishali agrawal says:

I passed my 12th exams in 2013..am I eligible for this scholarship..??
    Plzzzzz inform me as soon as you cn on my email id..thank you !!

9. divya rathore says:

I got 95.2 % in XII science maths in cbse board 2014 can i get any scholarship for integrated M.sc

10. MOHAMMAD ZIA says:

Sir I scored 91.6% marks in my 12th CBSE exams in 2014.Please tell me about the scholarships which I can apply.
    contact no. 9810975786

11. BINISH ANWAR says:

Sir I secured 91.6% marks in class XIIth exams 2014 and I belong to OBC category. Which scholarships I can avail.
    Contact me at 9873866322 as soon as possible.

12. Jyoti says:

Respected sir/madam i just passed 12th class with 89.8% in 2014 from cbse delhi board. I am belong to sc. If i am able for this scholarship please inform me on my e-mail id and i am waiting for your answer.

13. J Vedaprakash says:

I have passed cbse 12th 2014 with 96%. How & when to apply for mhrd scholarship? please inform at my email ID

1 ... 5 6 7