DST Inspire Fellowships 2011 for the First Rank Holders for PhD

Innovation in Scientific Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE), a new scheme of the Government of India offers standing opportunity through fellowships at the level same as national eligibility test qualified candidates.

Applications are invited from First Rank holders in the Post Graduate Degrees in Basic and Natural Sciences OR Undergraduate Degree in Engineering Sciences/ Medical Sciences/ Pharmaceutical Sciences/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences of any recognized Indian University or Institute/ Statutory Body in India for award of INSPIRE FELLOWSHIP and appropriate research grants for a period of five years for doing full-time research leading to Ph.D. Application format and necessary documents required are available on the website www.inspiredst.gov.in.

The Department of Science & Technology (DST), New Delhi requests submission of Application for “INSPIRE Fellowship” to pursue doctoral degree under Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) – a component of the `Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE)’ being implemented by DST.

Genesis of INSPIRE: Global competitiveness in the changing global knowledge economy calls for expansion and right-sizing of the Research and Development base of the country. Need for special interventions for attracting youth to study of Sciences and careers with Research is recognized. Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a Program launched by the Government of India to strengthen the National Science and Technology base.It is being implemented by the Department of Science and Technology (DST).

About INSPIRE: Program includes three components namely Scheme for Early Attraction of Talents for Science (SEATS), Scholarships for Higher Education (SHE) and Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC). The Scheme AORC is focused on attraction of student to pursue doctoral degree in basic and applied sciences including engineering, medicine, agriculture, veterinary, pharmacy etc. after either masters’ degree in science or bachelor/ masters’ degree in engineering/ applied sciences.

Call for Applications: Applications are invited from the eligible candidate for `INSPIRE Fellowships’ under Assured Opportunity for Research Careers (AORC) component of INSPIRE Program.

Fellowships to first rank holders for pursuing doctoral programme in science & technology

Eligibility: Only 1st rank holder in each Post-Graduate (PG) level examinations in Basic/ Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Sciences at the University and academic Institutions who are eligible for admission and want to pursue research, leading to Ph.D., in any Indian University/ National Institute/ National laboratories in India will be eligible for this fellowship. 1st Rank holder in College examination are not eligible.

Similarly, 1st Rank holders at Under-Graduate level examination in Engineering Sciences and other Professional courses conducted by a University/ Institution in India are also eligible to apply for directly pursuing doctoral degree.

Candidates acquired their required qualifications necessary for admission to the PhD program on and after April 2007 are only eligible. However, students who are already enjoying Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) or higher position need not to apply for this. Candidates who have qualified Joint CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test for fellowship/ GATE can also apply. This fellowship is applicable to the Indian Nationals only.

The Fellowship: The Program extends financial support in the form of a fellowship equivalent to NET/ GATE fellowship (Junior Research Fellowship / Senior Research Fellowship) and grants for research to the candidates.

Duration of the Support: Selected candidates will receive fellowship for a maximum period of five years, subject to the completion of the PhD degree whichever is earlier. Continuation of the fellowship for once selected candidates is based on satisfactory performance certified by the institution as per stipulated GOI guidelines for such fellowship.

Selection Procedure: The candidates will be selected purely on the basis of merit.

Format for Application: All interested and eligible candidates must apply in the prescribed A4 size format along with required documents. Applications should be sent by Post before 20-03-2011 to

Head

INSPIRE Program

Department of Science & Technology

Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road

New Delhi – 110 016.

The envelope should mention on top “Application for INSPIRE Fellowship – (give Subject Code)”. This advertisement is also available at the website: www. Inspire-dst.gov.in for submission of application. Students who have applied in our earlier advertisements and their applications are either rejected or communicated presently, need not to apply now.

For details visit http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/INSPIRE_Fellowship_Advertisement.pdf

78 Comments

1. kavitha says:

sir,
    i had finish my post graduation in psg college of arts and science, coimbatore.. i finish my post graduation in statistics.. me only the rank holder.. the college is autonomous body whether i’m eligible for inspire fellowship.. please reply me .. it helpful one for me and my carrier

2. meenakshi says:

i want to know the result of inspire fellowship?

3. meenakshi says:

sir, i want to know the result of inspire fellowship for 2011

4. meenakshi says:

sir,
    when will the list of candidates selected for fellowship 2011 advertisement will be displayed

5. chaitanya says:

Dear Sir,

I am gold medalist and have 3years of research experience i have pass out in 2007, at present i got registered for Phd but i dont have the fellowship can you kindly give the suggestion for it.

6. shyamala D C says:

Resepected sir,
    I am gold medalist and have 2 years of research experience i have pass out in 2007, at present i got registered for Phd but i dont have the fellowship can you kindly give the suggestion for it. When will the list of candidates selected for fellowship 2011 advertisement.

7. sownthari says:

they have mentioned that the results for jan 2011 adv will be announced by june 15. but not updated yet. did anyone know about the date of announcement of results

8. Mytre koul says:

i am gold medalist in microbiology i have applied for inspire fellowship . I am waiting for the the results sir when results will out

9. radhika says:

I WANT TO KNOW THE RESULTS OF ADVERTISEMENT RELEASE ON 20TH JAN 2011

10. seema says:

When result of inspire fellowship 2011 relesed on 20 january will be displayed?

11. Dr. S.Arivoli says:

I am having 16 years of research experience. Is there any fellowship for post doctorate. Let me know.

12. kamini Thakur says:

sir,
    Iam the topper of m.phil chemistry in shoolini uni(2010-11),i want to ask that am i eligible fpr scholarship as i want to persue ph.d.sir please guide me for this.
    thanking you.
    kamini thakur

13. Prabu K says:

Sir,

I am prabu K doing ph.d in marine biotechnology. I am rank holder in M.Phil biochemistry. I want to know i am eligible to apply INSPIRE fellowship. Please guide me.

Thanking you
    PRABU K

14. neha says:

sir,
    i want to know when will be the form for inspire fellowship out??

15. DIBYENDU RAKSHIT says:

I finished my post graduation in marine science with first class first rank holder from calcutta university in 2010.can I apply for this inspire fellowship?I want to know the time of the advertisement of this fellowship??

16. kavita says:

I am kavita and i am persuing my Ph.D in home science. I am 1st rank holder in M.Sc Home Science. I just want to know whether i am eligible to apply for INSPIRE fellowship or not. please do reply.
    Thanking you

17. ruchi singh says:

sir, plz inform me……..when next advertisement of inspire felloship is disclosed?

18. BOOPATHI says:

sir i was the gold metallist in jamal mohamed institution, it is autonoumous , could u tell whether i am eligible for inspire fellowship.

19. BOOPATHI says:

sir i am gold metallist in my post graduate in jamal mohamed institution, it is autonoumous , could u tell whether i am eligible for inspire fellowship.

20. Hayat Singh says:

sir
    i am asturent of M.Sc. final year dear sir i got 73.5% in my previous year and 74% in my B.Sc. with life scince from H.N.B.G.U.Srinagar Garhwal (a central university).
    Dear sir i want to know can i get THE inspire fellowship during my pg.Please kindly inform me.

21. hemant kumar says:

Sir I am student in AIIMS doing msc pharmacology joined in 2011 .I had completed my graduation with B.pharma in 2011. I also qualified GPAT 2011(formely known as GATE).I want to know that is I am eligible for any INSPIRE program during my PG course.
    SIR PLEASE GUIDE ME.

22. hemant kumar says:

sir I want to know that is their any scholarship program or exam in INDIA for MSc pharmacology student.

23. asha rani says:

R/sir
    Good Morning
    i am gold medalist in master degree of library and information science(may 2008),now i am persuing phd got registered on 2dec 2009, can u plzzzzz guide me, that i am eligible for this fellowship or not…………..plzzzz reply?.

24. DEEPA .K says:

dear sir,
    I am a first rank holder(university level) in Mphil Mathematics. Can i get any scholarship to do my Phd?. Kindly give me a suggestion.

25. veena says:

dear sir
    am veena completed MSc Food technology in 2010 as a university topper with 81%. am i eligible in this year (2013) to get inspire fellowship for PhD.

26. Aswani says:

Dear sir,

I am doing ph.d in Botany. I am rank holder (University Level) in M.Phil Botany. I want to know i am eligible to apply INSPIRE fellowship. Can i get any scholarship to do my Phd?. Kindly give me a suggestion.Please guide me.

Thanking you

27. anshika says:

i completed my B.sc maths (2011) as university topper from du ,currently enrolled for ph.d from du .am i eligible for inspire scholarship. Also any other scholarship that i could avail?

28. BHAVYA BHARATHAN says:

sir,
    i am first rank holder in msc biotechnology for the year 2013 under kannur university with 73% marks.kindly send me the details for applying for the inspire fellowship and the last date for applying.