Bio-CARe Programme for Women Scientists India

Biotechnology career advancement and re-orientation programme for women scientists’ helps to facilitate the participation of Women Scientists in Biotechnology Research, DBT announces the launch of Bio-CARe Scheme for Career Development of employed/unemployed women scientists who have not received any extra-mural grants in the past. In order to maximize their reach, the schemes are open to applicants (aged 55 years or less on the date of application) from all areas of Life Sciences / biology (including Agriculture, Veterinary Science, Medicine and Bio-Engineering).

Scheme I – Research Grant Opportunity (RGO):

The programme aims at giving project grants to women scientists (employed & unemployed) for whom it would be a first grant. The purpose is to build capacities for women scientists employed fulltime in Universities and small research laboratories or unemployed women scientist after a career break so as to help them undertake independent R&D projects. Under this scheme the women scientists who are unemployed will be provided monthly emoluments ranging from Rs. 35,000/- to 45,000/- p.m. The employed women scientists in addition to salary will get an amount of Rs.5,000/- p.m as an incentive.

Scheme II -Career Re-orientation Fellowship (CRF):

This scheme would be mainly for women scientists who are trained in a particular area, but leave their permanent jobs / or are unemployed and would now like to change their career path to take on newer areas. Specialized skills would be essential and this would require training in the relevant field such as IP management, Bioinformatics, Policy research and analysis, Translational research, Regulation etc. This training could be for a period ranging from 3 months -12 months. Under this scheme the women scientists who are unemployed will be provided a stipend of Rs.25,000/- p.m. and employed scientists will get an amount of Rs.5,000/- p.m as an incentive in addition to their salary.

Scholarship Application Deadline: 28 January 2011

Completed LOIs can be forwarded to the address mentioned below. A copy may also be sent by e-mail.

Dr. Anamika Gambhir

Principal Scientific Officer

Room No. 601

Department of Biotechnology

C.G.O. Complex, New Delhi – 110 003.

Email: anamika.dbt@nic.in

For details visit: http://dbtindia.nic.in/uniquepage.asp?id_pk=60

23 Comments

1. Mrs.S.Porpavai says:

Sir/Madam,

VERY USEFUL SCHEME TO MOTIVATE WOMEN.CONGRATS.

2. Akrati verma says:

hello mam,this is a very unique technique for encouraging womens & girls.this is akrati verma biomedical engg is curiously waiting to join you.its my honour to work with you.thanks.

3. Dr Bharathi says:

Respected Madam
    I am very much interested in research in the field of biotechnology. I am phd holder work for agricultural university as scientist. I would like to know whether the project shall grant an aid to people in agriculture field. i am very much interested, let me know what the procedure.
    ;thank you madam
    bharathi

4. Mrs. S.Vanmathi says:

Madam,

This biocare programe will defintely improve the women carrier advancement.

vanmathi

5. bharathi says:

Madam
    Its very good opportunity for the women to enlighten in the field of their specialization. one thing it would be better utilized if there is scope to apply for this scholarship twice in the year.
    bharathi

6. Dr. N.Nagarani says:

Madam,
    I had applied for the DBT Biocare- Women Scientist from Tamilnadu. how can i know the result and selected candidate list.when the result will be published/
    with thanks and regards,
    N.Nagarani

7. mam i had applied for the DBT bIOCARE-LOI from A.P. how can i know the result and selected cnadidate list. when the result will be published.thnking you madam.

8. DR NEELIMA RATTI says:

Dear Madam
    Hello Madam, It is obviously a very good scheme for women who want to do something in research and are not in regular job. i just wanted to know whether the scheme will be advertised once in a year? if it is so please do it for twice a year so that it will be accessible to more women.

9. ch.sunita says:

hello madam
    good afternoon
    I had applied for the DBT Biocare- Women Scientist from Hyderabad. When will i know the result i.e, selected candidate list.
    with thanks and regards,
    ch.sunita

10. Dr. Meenal A Kulkarni says:

Dear Madam,
    Good day!
    I am Dr. Meenal kulkarni, working as a research scientist at national Institiute of virology. I wish to apply for Biocare fellowship in year 2013. When is the advertise for next session (2013) suppose to come? Please let me know regarding the tentative dates for next advertisement session.
    Thanking you
    Dr. Meenal Kulkarni

11. Indira Dabi says:

Hello mam,
    Thanking you

Dr. Indira Dabi

12. Dr.Vathsala. P.G. says:

mam i had applied for the DBT bIOCARE-LOI 2012 from IISc, Bangalore. how can i know the result and selected cnadidate list. when the result will be published.
    Thanking you madam.

vathsala

13. sukhvinder says:

mam i had applied for the DBT bIOCARE-LOI 2012 from JMI, New delhi. how can i know the result and selected cnadidate list. when the result will be published.
    Thanking you madam.

14. pushpa says:

When the advt for DBT-Biocare in the year 2013

15. valli says:

when is the advt for DBT-Biocare for women scientist in the year 2013

16. Dr. Sushma Shendre Ghadigaonkar says:

Dear Madam,
    Good morning,
    I am very much interested in research. I am M.V.Sc(Pharmacology & Toxicology ) holder work for Veterinary university as Assistant Professor. I would like to know whether the project shall grant an aid to people in veterinary field. i am very much interested, let me know what the procedure, thank you madam.
    When the advt for DBT-Biocare in the year 2013

17. Dr. Sushma Shendre Ghadigaonkar says:

Dear Madam,
    Good morning,
    When the advt for DBT-Biocare in the year 2013

18. Dr. Sushma Shendre Ghadigaonkar says:

Dear Madam,
    Good morning,
    When the advt for DBT-Biocare in the year 2013
    sushmaghadigaonkar@gmail.com

19. Dr. S.Mythili says:

Dear Madam
    I have already sent an application and would like to know my chances or if I have to apply afresh ?Indeed this is a boon for women of my kind who had had no options owing to family reasons to take a break !.

20. T.Saritha Jyostna, Professor. says:

Dear madam
    Kindly inform me, When the advt for DBT-Biocare in the year 2013.

21. Sapna says:

Dear Mam,
    This kind of fellowships are very much useful for women candidates, who had a break in career due to family matters…like maternity and so…This gives hope to researchers like me…Thanks a lot

22. jyoti says:

dear madam kindly let me know abt the research proposal call for 2014-2015 application and the last date for this.
    thanks

23. Kanupriya says:

Dear madam

I would like to know about the research proposal call for the year 2014-15 and the last date for this.