Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research 2015 for Indian Scholars in US
Raman Fellowship for Post Doctoral Research will provide an excellent opportunity to young Indian researchers (permanent faculty), under the age of 40 years to interact with the American academic/scientific community and get first hand information of the developments taking place at the international level and acquaint themselves with new academic and scientific research methods and to participate in collaborative research projects. It will enable young Indian researchers to carry out a clearly defined research project and/or acquire newly emerging research techniques and technologies at a place of their choice in USA for a period of up to 12 months.
1. The applicant should be a permanent teacher in a university/institution recognized by UGC under 2(f) and 12B of UGC Act.
2. The applicant should possess at least 60 per cent marks or equivalent in the post-graduate degree.
3. The applicant should possess a Ph.D. degree in respective academic discipline (Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Science, Engineering, Technology, Agricultural Sciences) or MD/ MS/ Ph.D. in Medical Sciences.
4. The Applicant must provide proof of having carried out independent research work published in peer reviewed journals preferably indexed.
5. The applicant should be of age up to 40 years as on 31 December 2014.
6. The reservation will be available in accordance with the national norms.
Amount of Fellowship
The Fellow will be entitled to fellowship amount of US $ 3000 per month.The minimum period of the fellowship would be 6 months and maximum period of fellowship would be 12 months.
Fellow will also be entitled to a one time personal contingency grant of upto a maximum of Rs. 50,000 to cover for visa, airport transfer, medical insurance etc. Medical insurance expenses, visa fee, airport transfer charges will be met by the fellow from out of this personal contingency grant.
Fellow will also be permitted to travel within USA to attend conferences or visit other institutes of interest with the approval of the advisor at the host institute. The Fellow will be entitled to avail one of the following grants for this purpose.
i) Grant of $ 600 for fellowship period upto 6 months
ii) Grant of $ 1200 for fellowship period beyond 6 months
Air-tickets for all the selected Fellow would be purchased by the respective university/ institution by economy class for shortest route from their place of work in India to the place of the American host institute and back. The actual ticket amount would be reimbursed by UGC to the institution for the same on submission of all relevant documents duly certified by the competent authority of the institution.
Rules governing payment of salary, leave, medical, gratuity, GPF and pension etc. of the organization/ institution/ university to which the fellow belongs would continue to be applicable. No liability on any of these accounts will be borne by UGC.
1. Applications in the prescribed format may be submitted only through online.
2 Application should be forwarded by the head of organization/ department where the candidate is employed
3 Scanned copy of acceptance letter from host institution in USA
Application Deadline: 31-07-2015