Tata Innovation Fellowship 2011-12 scientists in biological sciences
Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, invites applications for Tata Innovation Fellowship who hold outstanding track record in biological sciences and have quest to find innovative solutions to major problems in health care, agriculture and other areas related to life sciences and biotechnology.
- Indian Nationals residing in India (at least preceding 5 years before applying for the fellowship) who are below the age of 55 years as on 21-11- 2011.
- Should hold Ph.D degree in Life Sciences, Agriculture, Veterinary Science or a Master’s degree in Medical Sciences, Engineering or an equivalent degree in Biotechnology/ related areas. Work experience required in the specified area.
- Must have a regular position in a University / Institute / Organization and should be part of R&D.
- The amount of the fellowship is regular salary from the host institute + Rs. 20,00/- per month. If an awardee is receiving salary from international organization, he will get only contingency grant.
- Will get contingency grant of Rs. 5.00 lakh per annum for meeting other expenses incurred in connection with the implementation of research project.
- Will be eligible for other regular research grant(s) through extramural and other research schemes of various S&T agencies of the Government of India.
Number of fellowships is 5 per year.
Duration: 3 yrs, may extend upto 2 yrs
The candidate will continue to work at the place of his / her employment and they will provide the necessary infrastructure and administrative support for conducting the research.
Application form can be downloaded from www.dbtindia.nic.in and should be sent to Dr. A. K. Rawat. Joint Director. Department of Biotechnology, Block-2, CGO Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-HQ 003.
Application deadline: 21-11-2011.