Trust Fund/ National Fund Scholarship Scheme 2012 for disabled students for doing UG/ PG/ Professional courses
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India, invites applications from Students with Disabilities for award of Scholarship through National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC) under the following two Scholarship Schemes:-
Scholarship Scheme (Trust Fund):-
Under this scheme, 1000 Scholarships will be granted to eligible students with disabilities for UG/ PG professional and technical courses from recognized institutions in India.
An advance copy of application should also be submitted online by the candidate.
• Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for 10 months @ Rs. 2500/ per month for Professional Graduate Courses and Rs.3000/- per month for Professional Post- Graduate Courses in one academic year.
• Books/Stationery allowance will be provided to students doing Professional Graduate Courses @ Rs.6.000/per annum and Rs. 10.000/-per annum for pursuing Professional Post-Graduate Courses.
• Visual and hearing differently-abled students in addition will be provided financial assistance for purchase of aids & appliances.
• Monthly income of the beneficiary /parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.25.000/- (Rs. 3.00 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
Scholarship Scheme (National Fund): -
Under this scheme, 500 National Scholarships will be granted to eligible students with disabilities for pursuing higher academic/ professional or technical qualification.
• Applicants have to apply for scholarship before 30-9-2011 and scholarship shall be awarded once in a Academic year under this scheme.
• Scholarship of Rs.1000/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.700/-p.m. for day scholars studying in professional courses at graduation and above level, and Rs.700/-p.m. for hostellers and Rs.400/-p.m. for day scholars pursuing Diploma/Certificate level professional courses. Course fee reimbursed upto ceiling of Rs. 10,000/- per year.
• Financial assistance can be given for computer with editing software for blind/deaf graduate and post graduate students pursuing professional courses and for support access software for cerebral palsy students.
Monthly income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian should not be more than Rs.15.000/- (Rs. 1.80 Lakh p.a.) from all sources. Family income includes income of parent/guardian.
The applications for the above two scholarship, in prescribed format, along with requisite documents, duly countersigned and recommended by the Head of the Institution, where they are studying, should be sent to: National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation (NHFDC), Red Cross Bhawan.Sector-12,Faridabad-121007.
Eligible candidates will be awarded only one Scholarship out of the two Scholarship Schemes.