Shobhit University Meerut, UGC recognition status
Hello

What is the status of Shobhit Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut. They are saying Shobit University as it declared as a deemed university. But in some sites they say it is derecognised the status ? can I join the institution ?

Shobit University is blacklisted by HRD in 2010, then supreme court stayed the decision temporarily.

The final verdict is yet to come

These will help you to get more info

An Education Observer forum thread.
A latest news from Indian Express

better to stay away from deemed universities

I have completed my B.Tech from Shobhit University this year and I easily got placed in a very renowned company.
I believe there's no point to get worried.
Best of luck!!

I have completed my B.Tech from Shobhit University, Meerut this year and I got placed in a very renowned company with a nice package.
I believe there's no point to get worried for students who are pursuing their studies from Shobhit University or who are seeking admission there.

Best of Luck!!

(11-20-2011, 11:23 PM)syam sankar Wrote: Hello

What is the status of Shobhit Institute of Engineering and Technology, Meerut. They are saying Shobit University as it declared as a deemed university. But in some sites they say it is derecognised the status ? can I join the institution ?

I have completed my B.Tech from Shobhit University, Meerut this year and I got placed in a very renowned company with a nice package.
I believe there's no point to get worried for students who are pursuing their studies from Shobhit University or who are seeking admission there.

Best of Luck!!

Best of Luck!!

it must be a renowned company but it cant be a govt company , and also u cant furthus use ur shobhit degree for ugc recog. higher studies.....

plz check

(07-21-2012, 06:55 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I have completed my B.Tech from Shobhit University this year and I easily got placed in a very renowned company.
I believe there's no point to get worried.
Best of luck!!

Is it a recognised deemed university or not (shobhit university meerut)

(12-08-2013, 09:54 PM)parm johal Wrote: Is it a recognised deemed university or not (shobhit university meerut)

Parm

I dont know if am getting the version right!!!!

I see to many Junior members replying to the post and with the same comments....seems like the university or someone related is trying to take support of such forums and build confidence about the university....

Going through latest news and googling its a partial YES situation coz

1. The university was definitely highlighted during the supreme court issue but the judgement was put on hold/STAY so till the judgement comes they can continue what they were doing in the past...

2. As per the latest updated list of private universities the name definitely exists but status remains "NO" Sad

http://www.ugc.ac.in/privateuniversityli...&Unitype=3

3. Geographic location is UP (no offenses) but this state has the highest amount of fake universities and many unlisted

http://www.ugc.ac.in/page/Fake-Universities.aspx

4. Going through UGC expert committee document it has a few GREEN flag courses but take a look at there suggestions

http://www.ugc.ac.in/subpage/ugc-expert-...aspx#uttar

PS: Its my opinion, am not an expert, anyone can comment, after all the effort is to share info...

(12-14-2013, 09:21 AM)parm johal Wrote:
(12-08-2013, 09:54 PM)parm johal Wrote: Is it a recognised deemed university or not (shobhit university meerut)

Parm

kk

(11-21-2011, 11:57 PM)prasitha Wrote: Shobit University is blacklisted by HRD in 2010, then supreme court stayed the decision temporarily.

The final verdict is yet to come

These will help you to get more info

An Education Observer forum thread.
A latest news from Indian Express

Hi Praseetha can you help me with more details... I done my BBA and waiting for cirtificates from last one year..

shobhit is best university in India for distance education and UGC recognised. best of luck.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  recognition for sharda university for bds programme jaliya 1 6,131 05-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Last Post: sophiyar1992
  Manav Bharati University UGC Recognition and Degree validity jaliya 6 105,609 05-11-2015, 01:40 PM
Last Post: themarly
  Christ University Bangalore UGC recognition Muku Singh 6 20,645 07-03-2014, 05:23 PM
Last Post: isbmpune
  applied psychology from GITAM university recognition achoos1313 1 4,792 04-25-2014, 02:54 PM
Last Post: vicky25
  Recognition Status of Graphic Era University ajitpan65 0 4,269 01-22-2014, 09:31 PM
Last Post: ajitpan65
Question recognition and validity of distant courses providing university university become buss. 1 7,851 12-14-2013, 09:25 AM
Last Post: parm johal
  Meenakshi University UGC recognition status jaliya 2 9,554 06-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Last Post: kdevika
  Recognition status of Board of Secondary Education Madhya Bharat,Gwalior munina 0 18,748 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Last Post: munina
  Chettinad University UGC and AICTE approval status abhilash 0 4,924 12-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Last Post: abhilash
  BLDE University lost recognition ? salini.podwal 3 6,067 11-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Last Post: kuttihm